Sabado Diciembre 11, 2010




Sabado is here…and the internet is down again!! Argh. And of course I have not one, but two iChats set up for manana.  Oh well…welcome to Mexico!!

Fun day!! Started with pan frances…I can work it off at the gym.

Left the compound and confirmed a rumor with the boys at the gate. Marcelino IS Ricardo’s Padre. Who knew?

On the way to the gym, I saw Daniel and he gave me a big smile and wave. I told him there were only dos semanas por Navidad and again he smiled.

After the gym I went and bought some peanut butter for us, and a Coke for Daniel, but did not see him. I will give it to him next week. Lalo tells me that a street cleaner like Daniel, working for Fonatur, probably earns $80 pesos in a day…$1 Cdn/hour. Yikes. I will never be able to make large scale change, but if I can bring a smile to one hombre’s face, I feel good.

Gym was good and had a few laughs with Rosa. Did a gringo thing when I was asked uno pregunto….” como est su llamo?”. I was being asked my name, but I thought I was being asked “como esta?”…how are you? Answering “bien” got me some strange looks!! I do so much better at reading Espanol…but I am working on it!!

Myth or legend? The term gringo comes from the time the US was fighting vs the Mexcians. The US was wearing green uniforms (this is where I lose faith in the legend) and the Mexicans started saying “green go…green go”.

After the gym I stopped at Gabriels for some chit chat. As I sat around, a little nina came up behind me and pointed to the bebida in my knapsack and said…Coca!! A two year old nina!! And then as she rounded the corner, she looked back at me and I blew her a kiss. She blew one back at me!! Everyone had a chuckle…this girl is not afraid of strangers!!

After I came home, Bexico and I loaded up and hit La Bocana. No surf waves today, but we have been given Jay’s Segundo body board, so we used that. What a blast!! Here are some Bocana photos.

Bexico hanging out with the boogie board boys of Bocana!!


And here are some action photos.






Here is a fisherman up to his waist. I did see a wave that went over his head.


The look says it all. If you look carefully, you will see he is carrying the fish he caught in his hand.


I need a rash guard for the boarding. Enough said.

Stopped at Che on the way home and as I was paying, I gave the propina to the two grocery bag boys and said 50/50 so they would split the tip. I then said gracias and one of the boys said: “you are welcome” in perfect Ingles!! This always catches me off guard!!

Used the shower at the alberca for a quick clean up of the playa sand, and then got ready for la cena with Jay and Krista at Il Regletto. Dinner and company was great…uno otro familia size pizza again!!

845pm now and I am finishing up the blog before we go for a walk and maybe post this from the zocalo. Esta noche, at 9pm, is the big event before manana’s Virgin of Guadalupe festivities that start at 5 a la manana…5am!!

Nuestro (our) manana? Up early as we are joining Jay and Krista for a trip to Barra de La Cruz…the best surf playa near Huatulco. And then on Lunes we are going on a river raft trip. I guess they pick us up at 7am, it’s a 2 hour drive to the point where we enter the river, and then we ride for 4 hours. Should be fun.

Ok…off for our walk. Hope the internet is back up manana.

Hasta luego.




No comments:

Post a Comment