martes, el 12 de agosto de 2014



Having told a chiste, joke, Max goes hee hee hee.

Hola hola amigos. I do not know if it is all the cold meds I am on, but I find myself sitting on the couch, having a tear as I watch Robin Williams accept his Oscar for Best Supporting Actor in the movie Good Will Hunting.

Anoche, last night, I had already posted the blog and with Max y madre reading libros before bed time, I was online ready to surf the web for a while, when I saw the headline about his passing.

I was shocked and shaken, only because I don't think shooken is a word. I spent some time reading all the tributes etc and today I find myself with the heavy heart. I don't ask why, who knows, but it does go to show you that fame and fortune cannot be the solution to everyone's happiness.

All I know about fame and fortune is that I am famous because I am known as "Poppa de Max", and I am fortunate to have a great family and the life I live.

Onto our día. A successful bed time and noche. Max decided 10pm vs 11pm was his pee break, and that worked a-ok for me. Some stirring around 3 or 4am (who really knows at that hour?) and then awake at 540am. Are we back to pre-6am wake ups? Yikes.

Health update...Max seems almost 100%, Bex has a frog in her throat and other then that is all good, and yours truly feels like crap. But my 130-230pm siesta helped and I think my colds usually get worse before better...hoping for a better miercoles!!

The usual rutinas for the boys...videos, tranquilo time, many trips to the baño with limited success, a poo dropped onto the couch with the now customary "whoopsie" coming out of Max's boca, desayunos and then onto a short prowl before we headed to Che.

A short prowl and Max's head was patted 3 times in 5 minutos and he pleaded with me to be allowed to wear his casco while we were out for our walk. I told him we would be home soon and that seemed to bring things down from Defcon 5.

Dropped off recycling and then onto Che where we grabbed 99% of what was on our list, but had no scores. Out of cheddar cheese...oh oh.

A small melt down when we got home...Max was tired and it showed. He wanted to "drive" the camioneta verde and when I turned off the engine, the tears flowed. Then when he tried to grab the llaves away from me, there was the discussion about asking vs grabbing, and more tears flowed.

About then, Bex arrived and I left the two of them to sort it out as I took the groceries upstairs. Gracias madre!!

All good...well Max was ok and 15 minutos later they came upstairs minus 3 huevos. Ja ja ja

Leche, libros, an over tired niño upset, and then onto a 60 minuto siesta. Me? Back to bed for an hour and then I puttered around the casa. Off to pick up some verdura for esta noche's cena and then onto tranquilo time in the casa and some clean up tambien.

The familia cooked up the pollo for dinner, ate their comida, had a dip in the murky CP alberca and then headed off to Rosario's Palacio to have some fun with amigas.

They will be back at 530pm, in time for the chorizo y pollo dinner.

Foto time.

Listo for the pre-Che prowl.


But first, some poste climbing.




Are you thinking what I am thinking?


He leans back and...bonk.

So poste climbing was over for the día.


Onto the palmas on the CP grounds. I think it took us 15 minutos to go 50 meters.




The huevo series.

Maybe this is why so many peeps were shocked that I let him carry the huevos home?


Naaaaah. Not a problem!! We got them home safe and sound...it wasn't until his padres were in charge of them did we break any. Ja ja ja







Hipster Max "huevo" Van, strolling the calle Carrizal. What up homey?


Ok, time to go cook la cena. I will see you after tina time.

Hasta pronto.

Buenos noches and let the meditation musica do it's work...por favor!!

Fifteen minutos until The Niño Whisperer/Cougher goes in to close the show!! We had a great dinner...Max digs chorizo sausage...who knew? Onto clean up and then off for the bici ride. We made it 2 blocks when we came upon a tienda that sells cellphones and they had some musica blaring out front. Hola hola to the familia dance party and Max grooved like no niño grooves!!

A ride through town and then home for tina time, leche, libros and ta da...the day is almost done.

Have a great miercoles y hasta mañana.

Marco, Bexico y Max


No comments:

Post a Comment