jueves, el 5 de julio de 2012



Hola to another $30 pesos for the Max Education Fund!!!

What a great día…amazing what some Tylenol can do to one niño’s demeanor!!

Max was vocal a few times last night and at 5am I knew he wasn’t hungry, so I had to wake him up from his sueño by letting him know he was ok and it was me..padre.

He woke up, smiled and then within a few minutes was rocked asleep. Hola to the 530am to 630am chest nap!! He then woke up and was hungry, got the tank up and slept until 815am!! Score…for the complete familia!!

Max and I did the morning rutina, which included the walk in the zocalo, where the last foto was taken. The three mujeres approached us and I slowly passed them max and they all took turns holding him and even grabbed their camera for a few shots.

Hilarious. Then off to see Betto and his “gals” and then off to see Max’s little amiga that hangs with her abuela all day, the abulea that sells verdura y fruta.

And as we were headed back home, 4 more peeps wanted to see Max and touch his pies. He truly gets the rock star treatment around here.

Came home and passed off the lil’hombre and madre spent most of the día with him.

A siesta (again?) and then off to el gimnasio where I had a good workout. Headed home and stopped off at the farmacia to get some anti bacterial hand gel and the senorita behind the counter asked me in español where Max was. Huh?

Hilarious that peeps in a farmacia that I have been in only once before, know Max. I asked her where she had seen him and she said in centro and the zocalo.

Off to Papaloapan to see what they had that we could eat para la cena. I was lucky to grab some chuletas de cerdo and some more NY steaks for a future cena.

Click HERE to read more about papaloapan.
  
Then off to say hi to the boys who I have not seen for a few días. The scuttle butt around town and most of Mexico is the Presidential election and the usual complaints about how it was won.

Lots of stories about a “bought” election and the newspapers report lots of recounts etc. Welcome to Mexican politics.

Ayer there was a march/protest by a bunch of students. They ended up in the zocalo and left this sign behind.


It states they are from the Club of Free Thinkers and that they did not vote for Presidente-elect Peña.

After Gabriels, headed home and after Max awoke from his nap, it was alberca time and what a GREAT session.

You saw the fotos of the chair in the pool? Max was standing on the silla and holding on? Today we had him stand in the water, hold onto the seat of the chair and we moved the chair slowly through the water.

Without holding onto him at all, Max walked his way through the water, back and forth across the pool some 20 times!! Now, we understand this is all about buoyancy, but the lil’walker was SO excited that he kept it up for 30 minutes…talking and giggling the whole time. I swear his chest was puffed out from being so proud…and Bex says mine was as well!!

So after that excitement, it was upstairs where Max and I had a quick FT with mi madre and then Max’s madre managed to get the lil’ball o’energia to take another siesta.

After he awoke it was all about the rutina and you are all caught up.

Currently 10pm, Bex is hard at work in the oficina, the Niño Whisperer went in to close the “show” and Max is in la la land…fingers crossed!!

The rest of the fotos.

Lunch break, comida, for this group of Fonatur workers.


This niño was waiting for his madre to come out of the corner store.


No lluvia in the montaña...the canal es seco.


Carpintero y comedor.


I went to Isssste looking for the hand gel and they were out. I did buy some dish soap and the niño who asked if I wanted a bolsita (small bag) for the soap, was admiring the camera that I had laid down.


So after I paid the caja, I gave the 8 year old niño a quick lesson and I am sure this is the first time he has ever held a camera and here is what I am sure is the first foto he has ever taken.


Must have been an emergencia because other then on domingo, I have never seen the llanteria closed. No sign of Elder o Bulmaro.


Mañana for us…no sé. Sleep in? Ja ja ja

Have a great viernes!!

Marco, Bexico y Max

No comments:

Post a Comment