sábado, el 24 de marzo de 2012


Buenos noches.

No foto sábado…lo siento.

Everyone is well and at 9pm, Bex is in the oficina, Max is zzz and I have a replay of some Nascar on the tube…and Canucks are down 1-0 after the 1st period.

Another early day…no complaints!!

The hombres next door managed to get some concreto on some camionetas parked in our complex, but ours came out ok. But the camioneta was so sucio from all the construction dust, I managed to get them to wash mine as well…$20 peso propina!!

Max and I had a short walk today as Bexico needed him lively for her Skype con sus padres at 930am. When we got home, it was tiempo para nap, so the Skype was delayed 15 minutes. The lil’hombre needed to sleep and then eat!!

But he was right on schedule for 945am and they all had a nice chat.

I got ready for el gimnasio, the rico gym, and then promptly fell asleep on the couch for 30 minutes. Oh Bubba!!

Quick session at the gym and then home to get ready for the chelas con mis amigos.

Met the guys at Nissan, hola to the otra amigos, and then off to Senor Pucks. There, I used beer caps to explain curling to Carlos y Tony. Ja ja ja

Nice guys and they work hard on helping me understand what they are saying, either by slowing down, using a different word…OR just saying it in ingles!!

I was confused about the pistola story Carlos was telling. Someone was shooting into the ceiling? I asked a few times…”pistola?” and then finally asked if it was the same type as the policia use. Then both guys laughed as they were talking about a construction tool used to install plywood on a ceiling…same palabra.

Later, we had some hot wings using the Franks I found at the abarrote. The boys were telling me about some salsa con habanero and then they took a bite of these wings and I actually saw 2 Mexicans sweat!! Ok, maybe just a little. They liked the wings, first time they had ever had them that way. Even the mesero liked the sauce and was going to buy some!!

And a first for Tony? He had never played pool, so Carlos and I showed him the ins and outs of the game. Much easier to explain vs curling!!

My social calendar is getting full!! Lunes is hopefully Mojon, jueves looks like mi primero tlayuda con Daniel and I have been invited to visit the home town of Carlos. Not sure the name of his hometown, but it is located in the Isthmus region. He suggests that Tony, himself and I, head out on a sábado after his work and then return the next day.

It is about 3 hours there and once there…hello to some sites, some BBQ and maybe some horseback riding at el rancho de su padre. Sounds like fun and nice to be invited.

The answer to Carlos was sí, pero I needed to figure out the details con Bex porque Max. Stay tuned as I am sure there will be many fotos when that trip is completed.

Click HERE for some more Isthmus information.

Home a few minutes later then I wanted, and thought mi familia was already at the pool. But nope…Max had 2 mega naps while I was gone…including a world famous chest nap on madre!! A little concerning that he napped so much, but he has no fever and was cheerful once he woke up.

Might be all the rolling over, the tummy time, the heat or maybe it is a growth spurt? All good…naps fix everything!!

Great pool time but by going down so late, the sun no longer hits the pool and with some viento….brr for the lil’hombre. Made it a shorter session and then came upstairs to prep for the 6pm rutina.

It went off without a hitch, Bex grabbed a nap with our hijo and then we chowed down on la cena…and you are all caught up.

Mañana…rib eye domingo y some Nascar as well!!

Hasta mañana.

Marco, Bex y Max

No comments:

Post a Comment