martes, el 20 de marzo de 2012


Mother Nature sure let herself be seen and felt today!!

First off, I have NEVER seen it so windy here in Huatulco. The meridian on Blvd Chahue is covered with palm leaves and coconuts. The hotel across the street from us has a sign that is now dangling.

And due to the fact that we keep our windows open for the breeze, we have had to mop our floor 2 or 3 times and mañana will bring out the duster!!

And then…7.8 terremoto located 500km or so away. It was the biggest treblor we have felt here!! Well, at least 2 of us felt it. Someone, who was in the middle of a 90 (yes 90) minute nap on my chest, did not stir when the treblor occurred!!

Ok…the rest of our day.

Currently 725pm and watching the Global News. The pollo is cooking in the oven and I assume Max y madre are both asleep. I will check on them when dinner is ready to go.

The day started early again, 630am or so, and Bexico took that shift. I was up at 830am and Max was already having his first nap…great job madre!!

Here are Max y madre post nap.





The lil’hombre loves to chez lounge as he wakes up!!

Once he was awake, Bex hit the hay and max and I hung out for a while and chatted about the viento and the effect it was having on the arbol.

And then I put him onto his Baby Einstein and discovered ANOTHER reason why we must keep both ojo on him. Por que? Look at this foto.


When I put him on the mat, he was on his back and pointing in a different direction!! Yup, he has learned how to roll over from back to tummy and tummy to back. Oh oh!! Ja ja ja

Earlier in the morning, Bexico actually saw it first and was so excited, she almost woke me up!! Yes, we are two very excited parents!!

So we will be keeping a much closer eye on him.

After his rolling, a quick FT with mis padres and then out for our walk. The first stop was HSBC to collect some $$ from our landlord…who now lives in Hawaii.

We paid the condo fees for 2012 and he sent us the $$, but the lineup at the banco was crazy. Probably due to the fact that it was closed ayer.

I think I have the Benito Juarez cumpleaños thing figured out. His birthday is 22 de marzo, but the peeps take the lunes off so they get the long weekend.

So with huge lineups, Max and I continued on our way, stopping off at Gabriels to say hola, and have a chat with Sergio. When he wants to talk to me, I stop and listen as I cannot read that hombre. Either he likes us and just doesn’t talk often, or….ja ja ja.

Today Sergio was very interested in Max and how he is doing. So I filled him in, asked about his daughter and found out she is almost standing on her own.

Max caught a quick nap on the way home and after ony a few minutes at the pool, I knew he wanted to eat. So up we went and woke up madre.

And was he hungry and thirsty? How about a 2 milk shake meal!!

And yup, it was his nap time and I took charge. Normally that means a swaddle, a chupete (soother) and then some rocking until the eyes get heavy. And hopefully it is Max’s eyes that get heavy before mine!!

Well, it was a draw. Both Max and I had heavy eyes, so time for…chest nap!!

This is the 90 minute one I alluded to earlier. And was it a good nap!! I am not shy to tell you, I wake up and see that lil’hombre sleeping away on my chest…loss of words on how great it feels!!

So we have a treblor, sleep through that and when we do wake up…off to el gimnasio for a late session.

Good session and then home for a windy pool time with the familia, followed by Che. No scores there, but I am going back to Santa Cruz abarrotes to buy another bottle of the Franks hot sauce.

Talking about hot sauce, Daniel and I are going to go for lunch some time soon and I am going to try a tlayuda. He warns me to buy some pepto!!

Click HERE for a brief read on tlayudas.

After Che it was all about the rutina and you are all caught up.

Some rutina fotos.



The boy loves his bath time!!

La cena was great and currently madre is up in the oficina and I have some Nascar on the tube.

Misc fotos from the day.

Our hijo has started a band?


Drum kit for sale at the Yamaha tienda.


School is back in session...eager madres saying adios to their niños.


This camioneta had a loud speaker blaring out a message I (and probably many others) could not understand.


I thought they would be selling fruita, but were actually collecting metal recyclables.

The gorra (hat) peeps are back.


Our mañana? Stay tuned!!

Hasta mañana.

Marco, Bex y Max

No comments:

Post a Comment