viernes, el 29 de abril de 2011

Buenos noches!!

And in anoches blog, I seem to recall telling you all that we would be talking about the Canucks win over Nashville? Ta-da!! Only 1-0 but the Nashville goalie saved their bacon or else it would have been a blow out. Next game is mañana at 8pm Huatulco time.

Now…what to do about the Nascar race that starts at 630pm? Hmmmm. Ja ja ja

Our day.

Our amigos were all leaving today on the same flight to Houston and then onto their homes in different parts of the US of A. Good to see J&C again and we know they will return to Huatulco sooner then later.

As previously mentioned, we have some new amigos in Alice y Sparks and maybe one day we will see them again too.

Eric y Amber are two friends of J&C and we met them a few days ago. Eric is from Mexico and Amber is a Kelowna gal. Small world.

We said good bye to all and then headed off to the gym. I was stopped at the gate by Oscar, the property manager, to be told about the new rules regarding the water jugs. I guess someone does not like seeing all the empty jugs at the gate so now we leave them by our front doors and the water company will exchange them with full ones there.

Silverio and I laughed as he said it was a nuevo reglamento…new regulation. I said it was reglamento número doscientos…rule number 200!!

Off to the gym and here are the fotos.

Not sure why this was on the bus’s side view mirror.


But I liked it!!

Just another delivery for the cantina.


Negra Modelo is a gooood cerveza!! Ask Bono the Mono.

A truck driver getting good use of his hammock.


These trucks deliver the fresh verdura y veggies on martes y viernes.

This tienda is on Carrizal.


In 7 meses I have never seen it open. Thus the awning?

Here is a typical story for Huatulco….

Guy drops a bolsa de naranjas on the road. The next camion has to stop so they do not run over it.


The passenger gets out to pick it up.


And throw it in his truck….thinking “what a score!!”


And then they drive away with their two tigers.


Later after my ejercicio, I saw the same cage with only one tiger. Oh oh.


I saw this nest in the parque.


Looks like some kind of bees nest.

Not sure how Kow’s picture ended up on a turismo bus.


As I walked by this hombre de helado


I said “bueno negocio” as he had served ice cream to about 20 people from the turismo bus. He put on a HUGE smile and said “sí”.

Hit the gym and there was no one there but Rosa and I until the owner, Galdino, came in.

Here is his camioneta, he was gracious enough to once stop and give me a ride to his gym.


While he was at the gym he received a delivery from DF…Mexico City.

It was a box with 5 workout protein shakes and the such. He was curious what I knew about the products and we talked about GNC, the store in Canada where I used to buy some goods. We then went about comparing ingredients in the 5 containers and talking about brand names and how much these items would cost up norte. Expensive products here…and he has to get them shipped from DF.

Maybe he uses this shipping company?


They are located in the same building as the bus company ADO.


On the way home, I stopped at Issssssste looking for some mayo sin limon…tough to find. They were out of the big jars and they also had no mil islas dressing. Doph.

I did see this poster.


It is for a dance exhibition in Santa Cruz, but we missed the 6pm show.

Walking through the zocalo I came upon hard working “Chorty”.



He works the town square every day.

And of course you all know Gato Negro.


The last foto of the day is courtesy Padre.


It is a great foto of a bici trail in Holland.

Prior to heading home, stopped in to get a grilling from Lalo’s padre who works at the jewelry store across from Lalo. Why the grilling? Mi español was not up to his standards! Ja ja ja

I said “mi amigos camioneta” which literally translated means “my friend’s truck”. I should have said “caminoeta de mi amigo”…”truck of my friend”. He is low on the patience Lalo y Daniel have exhibited.

I asked him how long he has spoken ingles and it is almost 40 years. I told him to cut me some slack as “mi hablo español para seis meses todas”…I speak Spanish for 6 months total!! Had a good laugh and then went across the street to say hola to the boys.

Business has already dropped off and they are sad about it. Pepe is headed home mañana and Lalo will head to Acapulco in another month. Quiet times are coming.

Picked up some sandia y platanos and then headed home for alberca time.

And the pool was empty!!! We had a good float, a few laps and then someone had a quick siesta!!

We needed to head to the papeleria for some special paper for Bexico’s work and off we went. Great deal on the paper…12 sheets for $30 pesos…$2.50 Cdn.

Bexico is soooo busy working on trying to land some contracts I think she has 3 or 4 possibilities. One in Ottawa, one in Paris and one in California. Her 4th possibility is with the American Sign Language Institute…possibly doing 400 drawings. Go Bexico go!!

Scored the paper, hola again to the boys, found a new stash of mil isla dressing and then a picked up a few more veggies for Bexico’s veggie pizza.

La cena was great!! I had the pepperoni za and Bexico had the veggie.

Currently she is back in her oficina working away…one of us has to work!! Lol

Mañana? Hard to believe it is already sábado…where has the week gone? We are going to hit up Papalopan for our steak as they were closed when we walked by today. Then is it off to the gym and Mojon.

Home for racing y Canucks and you can call it a full day!!

Buen fin de semana all!!

SOOOOOO glad the Royal Wedding is over!! Ja ja ja


No comments:

Post a Comment