lunes, el 25 de abril de 2011

Hola amigos!! What a great day here in Huatulco!!

It started with making desayunos en la cama para mi novia. We had some pancake better leftover from ayer, so it wasn’t too tough!!

Off to el gimnasio and as I got to the corner of Carrizal y Blvd Chahue, I saw an hombre y his familia sitting on the sidewalk as their van had a flat.

I asked if he needed a llanteria and he said sí so I told him where Elder’s tiendas was and off we went together. Only a 2 or 3 minute walk but we talked about who I was here with, how hot it was, how long we were staying etc.

When I got to Elder’s shop, he was not there but his amigo was. I said “negocio” (business) and both the hombre and Elder’s amigo both said gracias. Winning the peeps over one Mexican at a time!!

Then as I was walking by the new comedor (see foto from April 2)


the hombre stirring the vat asked me what I take fotos of. Oh oh I thought. But I had only 3 fotos and showed him what I had.

We talked about his good negocio and I told him felicidades…congrats. I also asked what was in the big vat…cerdo y pollo and he confirmed it was cerdo. Looks nasty, probably not healthy due to all the oil, but it smells GOOD!!

His name is Paco and I now have otro amigo.

Got to the gym and Rosa’s stuff was on the counter, but no Rosa. There was a “regular” working out, but I did not know his name. I asked him “¿donde es Rosa?” and he told me she was having desayunos.

Next thing I know, I have met Fermin (fear-mean) the taxi driver and we are chatting it up in both ingles and español. He has a wife and nino and speaks some ingles and wanted to practice.

He was interested in the ingles words for humido (humid) y asalta cunas (cradle robber)!! Ja ja ja The humido is self explanatory as it was hot and humid, while he was caught off guard that I knew the phrase asalta cunas. I used the phrase when I said his espousa was asalta cunas because she was 3 years older then him!! Ja ja ja

It is GREAT to meet all these peeps and to be able to chat em up. I really enjoy being able to walk to the gym and through La Crucecita and be able to say hola to everyone…including Daniel mi Fonatur amigo. That one always throws peeps for a loop. ¿Porque es el gringo having a chat with the street cleaner and making him laugh?

UPDATE

9pm here in Huatulco and as I sit here typing the blog entry, I have Tom Hanks and Cast Away playing…and it is actually raining outside!! Let’s see how that effects the humido!!

Back to the gym…had a great workout and Fermin had me write out his nuevo palabras so he could show off to his espousa!!

Rosa arrived and filled me in on her hija’s situation. Brenda was not feeling well for 4 days before she went to the doctor and was told it might be a flu. When it did not get better, further tests showed it to be appendicitis and she was rushed into surgery. Rosa found out right before the surgery and flew up to meet her. The flight was $1500 pesos (muy caro…expensive) and she could not even get a flight into DF…Mexico City.

But all is well and Brenda now just needs some time to recoup.

Yeu arrived as I was leaving and told me he had a great weekend. Memo has a new amiga…3 years older then him!! Ja ja ja
Bexico and I had a walk during the afternoon and picked him up the muscle mag at the periodico tiendas. He will appreciate the gesture.

We also bumped into Francisco II from the gym. He said hola to us and introduced us to his espousa y hija. I have not seen him at the gym lately and he said he is busy at the restaurante but will return in a few weeks. He also mentioned that he has taken some of the business ideas we had discussed together and he asked us to see for ourselves in a few weeks. Nice to help out…the restaurante negocio is the same here as in Canada!!

Here are the fotos from both walks.



¿Porque hombre de basura? It is hilarious to see people run out with their basura when the truck drives by and the hombre clangs his horn.

WFSITBOTT’s?


The gas bbq y laundry cleaner equipment guys.



Y it looks like a hombre de cama…small 2 person outfit.


Bexico avoiding eye contact with the Tamarindo.



Tamarindo busted checking out one hot Canadiense!!


And here is a Tamarindo double score.


A moto y una Bug being hauled away!!

This was the view up Carrizal towards the montañas.


Hoy, it was sunny until 330pm and then the clouds rolled in.

A cute niña.


She was sitting on her padre’s lap in his taxi.

On the walk Bexico and I took, we stopped in to check out what would be playing for cine miercoles and it looks like Matt Damon’s Destino Oculto, The Adjustment Bureau.


We also picked up the magazine for Memo and some verduras...veggies.

Look at the size of this steroid monkey radish!!


Here is a platano macho (plantain) that Bexico bought a few days ago for 30 pesos.


If you are like me, you don't buy brown platanos (bananas), but if you want a sweet and ripe platano macho, it needs to be this brown, if not more.

Before our alberca time and the walk, we hot Che up. Scored on a flat of the fresa nectar y some great looking cerdo para la cena de mañana!! It is called “lomo” and I think that is loin.

Stopped off for gas and tanked up. 62 litros para $635 pesos equals about .86 Cdn/litro for Premium. Not bad!! Another Mexico’ism….I asked them to fill it up…lleno con premium…and they ask if I want it “to the zeros”. Huh?

Quiet pool time…only one family there today. Jay came out to tell us how he snapped his surfboard in two and then his amigo from out of town (Colorado?) arrived. We had met him a few months ago so we said hola.

But the big sopressa? Crista emailed him anoche and asked him to load up some Fibre 1 bars para Bexico!! What a kind gesture on both their parts!! Gracias!! You should have seen the look on Bexico’s face!!

Had a great T bone steak para la cena…yummy!!

You are caught up!!

Mañana? Bexico and Crista are having some girlie time and a coffee and I will hit el gimnasio. We are thinking Mojon if the weather holds out as on miercoles we cannot go as Bexico is expecting some work emails.

And then there is the 8pm (Hux time) Canucks game!! Canucks in 7 baby!! (I had called it in 6…but will take 7).

Misc fotos

M&P are on a house exchange in the Netherlands and Padre sent out some fotos. I really like these 3…another photographer in the family!!

Their accommodations.


They are surrounded by farmers fields.


Madre about to hit the road on her bici.


Hasta mañana!!



No comments:

Post a Comment