martes, el 5 de abril de 2011



Buenos noches.

It is martes so that means the Sunjet flights from Canada have landed and we have a few more peeps around the condos.

We are also hoping our downstairs neighbor decides to go on Champix upon her return to Canada. It is 30 degrees outside and we have had to shut the windows due to her chimney activity.

Hey lady…check out this site!!


Ok…so MAYBE there are some side affects…ja ja ja

Our day…easy clase de español as we reviewed food!! And if you follow the blog regularly, you know I know my food!!

The big news from the maestra is that she may return for a few weeks in the summer and is offering a two week intensive clase. Ten days and 4 hours per day. And as I said to her and the class, I thought we were already taking an intensive clase at 3 hours a week plus tareas!! Ja ja ja. Not sure if we will or will not join…stay tuned.

Despues de clase it was a pit stop at Che and picked up some jugo de manzana para mi novia y cerdo para la cena.

Then it was off to the gym. Let me tell you…this morning on the way to clase at 1055am, it was STINKING hot. I felt humidity for the first time and there was no viento, thus the heat. There was a nice breeze on the walk to el gimnasio…thank goodness.

Fotos…

The sombrero truck series.

Here is the sombrero camion and the other misc items it sells.



$30 pesos for a sombrero…buy 2!!

This hombre works with/for the camion (truck).


About to cross Blvd Chahue and he makes it through traffic.


Stops under the "alto" sign and takes inventory of body parts and goods…


And then heads into town to try and sell his wares.


Several hours later I saw him continuing on with his mission.


I took this foto as I was leaving el gimnasio.


I just thought he was a colorful hombre.

As for el gimnasio…great workout!! Lots of energy even though it is soooo hot in there. And I am no longer the only person sweating…I have seen a few Mexicans break the sweat!!

I did get the name of my bici companero…Paco. Yup…it is the Marco y Paco show!! Ja ja ja. He is not your typical Mexican. Instead of what looks like a serious and/or frowning face, he has a welcoming facial appearance.

He always waves hola to me when he arrives at the gym. As I was leaving, I said hasta luego and he replied hasta mañana. I had to tell him mañana voy a estar temprano…I will be early…and he then said hasta luego. Nice guy…will see him again on jueves.

As I was walking home, I saw two trucks end to end unloading large (4-5 foot long) pescado from one to the other. I asked “con permisso para foto” and immediately all 3 hombres said no. Ok I said to myself…not going to push that one.

I did approach and ask “¿que tipo?” and was told it was mahi mahi.

When I asked Daniel about it, he said there are several reasons people would not want there foto taken…and most have to do with breaking the law. Doph…glad I did not take a foto without asking permission!! Ja ja ja

I did pop in and had a great chat with the boys. Negocio…business..is about to drop off HUGE for them. They make all their money from Sept thru April when the tourists are here. Lalo is headed home at the end of May and will not return from Acapulco for probably tres meses.

I asked him about Acapulco as we really just drove through it and never had a chance to explore. He wants us to come visit and he will be our personal tour guide.

Bexico and I are seriously thinking about it because we would love to visit the big metropolis and having a guide would ease the fear of being in the wrong parts of town. Stay tuned.

Now I would love to see muebles y Home Depot etc…but someone else is excited to hear they have Gap and American Eagle. Doph.

Grabbed some sandia and headed home.

After I came home we spent 30 plus minutes rigging the camera and playing with angles and lighting before we filmed 3 more segments as samples. What did you think of the youtube clip from ayer? Pretty neat.

The 3 we filmed today include a page flip so the guy can edit this into the final. The only issue we have so far is that the files are very large and we are having an issue emailing them. We will figure it out.

Albercaotra amigos…but they are gone!!

This is a couple who live in Canada, one is originally a native Mexican and his espousa is Canadian. He was quite impressed that not only do we live here year round, but that we are working hard at learning the native tongue.

See? We are not really anti-social!!

Despues de alberca tiempo, gato negro followed us up and we gave him another bowl of leche. Ohh gato negro.

La cena was cerdo con arroz and then we watched a little bit (hee x 3) of Ley y Orden before it was time for me to write up the blog and for Bexico to do some work in her oficina.

We did hear back from the hombres that chatted us up at Mojon. They are trying to sell another property, a few rows back off the playa. Not sure how much land and what the cost is, but I have emailed them back just to see.

The hombre stated that they have the escurita (title) and if they do, that only bodes well for us as that would mean we should be able to get ours.

This would fly in the face of what Lanny said, but as I have said before…there are the two camps. We ARE paying taxes and Lanny had made mention to see if they are called impuestos predial as those are the true property taxes…and ta da…that is what they are.

I have copies of 2009, 2010 and we just paid our $600 pesos ($50 Cdn) for 2011.

Mañana? El gimnasio, Mojon, a quick cena and then off to our peliculas. We are busy!!

Hasta luego. 

No comments:

Post a Comment