lunes, el 11 de abril de 2011


Hola amigos!!

10pm and I am sitting around writing the blog and keeping an eye on The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. Great peliculas!!

As for 2 for 1 miercoles…here are the two we will decide between.


Our day started with clase…ok it really started with the tareas for clase. Our tradition to do the homework the hour before clase…ja ja ja

On the way to clase, we stopped to pay our electric bill. Our last bill was $1086 pesos for 2 months and this one has jumped slightly to $1421, but we are sure this is all due to the a/c being used. An extra $340 pesos ($28 Cdn) over 2 months so we can sleep well at night…money well spent!!

When I was at the atm machine to pay the bill, both peeps in front of me were having a hard time getting the machines to accept their pesos. I mentioned “cambio (change) and the senora looked surprised but happy that the $50 peso note we exchanged, worked in her machine.

I then paid our bill and the hombre asked me for cambio and I obliged. He said gracias, I said denada and was on my way. Spreading the Canadian hospitality one (or two) Mexicans at a time!!

Clase went very fast…almost painless too!! It was all about how to order in a restaurante y los complementos directos pronominales.

Of course everyone knows they are me, te, lo, la, nos, los y las…but did you know they never go between two verbos?

The truck…I clean it…yo lo limpio.

I am going to clean it…voy a limpiarlo.  

Get it? I have two more clase…to get it!!! Ja ja ja

Despues de clase it was home and then off to el gimnasio. I had a few pit stops on the way as we have showerhead trouble. Water squirting out the side and the head won’t stay up (family friendly blog…keep’in it clean!!).

Update on the showerhead…5 ferreterias (hardware stores) and no luck in getting a replacement o-ring. So Bexico and I went and bought a $168 peso replacement and have already installed it. Rick is a good landlord as he has already mentioned he will pay us the $15 we spent.

Here are the fotos from today’s walk to el gimnasio.

Daniel, from Fonatur, and his amigo having lunch.


One very heavy camioneta.


I am not sure how the process works, but here is a delivery.


Of many different styles and sizes of zapotos.

El gimnasio was great…good effort and great results. I asked Rosa when the gym was closed next week due to Semana Santa and she told me jueves, viernes y sábado. I mentioned this to Yeu and his comment? “Not for me” as he has the llaves…keys. He then invited me to join him when the gym is cerrado…so I will not be missing any workouts!! Gracias Memo.

I was finishing up my cardio when Paco came in. I hola’d him and he yelled back “hola Marcos”. And then as I left the bici…he proceeded to make fun of the puddle of sweat I left behind. I told him I had too many postre on domingo and he laughed.

I came home from gym and bumped into Roman. I paid him the $$ for the impuestos and chatted him up about Mojon. His good news? He has documents that show that our property is NOT communal and that is just one more thing we will not need to worry about.

When the time comes to finish getting our ducks in a row, we will pay Roman for a certified copy of this document and that will protect us down the road. We should also be able to get title insurance with the addition of this document. Slowly things are coming together.

As for the FZ, Roman still feels the FZ issue is not settled yet, but we will see what Lanny’s team finds out for us.

All good news if you ask me!!

And more good news? While I was at the gym, Bexico did her workout and also worked on her business. The video she completed for a rock band, has been posted on YouTube and here is the link to it. I think it is great!!

Please double click on this link:


We had some good alberca time…another load of Canadians are headed home mañana and then it will be really quiet here. The pool felt like a hot tub when we jumped in!! Note to self…our alberca at Mojon will need some shade!!

We went for the walk though town to get the showerhead and some misc items…here are a few fotos.

There is a new restaurante just outside our gates and Bexico gave it a try.


She had a great shrimp cocktail and we both had a great conversation with the owner…99% in español!!

Here is his sweet ride.


Late 70’s Buick?

And here is a talented mujer.


And the sun was setting our La Crucecita.


Looks like a bed frame was sold to someone at this restaurante.


Or maybe the hombre carrying it has pulled in for la cena?

And last but not least….


The sock hombre is back.

La cena was a mish mash of chili, carne molide de res (con moustaza!!) and an ensalada mixta.

That was the day folks!!

Mañana…honestly…not bored or embarrassed to tell you we are headed to clase and then the gym!!! Ja ja ja

Looks like Mojon on miercoles. The weather forecasts have been calling for cloudy periods and chance of thundershowers…but we have not seen those yet!! But it is a balmy 31 at 11pm!!

Hasta mañana amigos.


No comments:

Post a Comment