Martes Noviembre 30, 2010



Buenos Noches amigos!!

What a busy Martes (Tuesday) for a guy who does not work…according to one of my amigos!!

I sit in the living room of our casa, being cooled down by our newly repaired ventilador de pedestal!!

The story regarding the fan is a fun one. Fan has been broken for a while and I finally decided to solve the issue. Here in Huatulco, you just drive (or walk) around and you will finally find a store or house that sells or services what you are looking for.

The other day I drove by this place and decided to check it out today.


Doesn’t look like much eh? And they did not speak very much Ingles, so it was up to me and my Spanglish. Roto (broken) worked, returno a dos a la tarde (return at 2pm) worked and no telephono also worked. No point having them call if I cannot understand them.

I also asked cuanto cuesta (how much?) but they could not tell me. This was pelligresso (dangerous) because they could end up trying to charge me an arm and a leg. I let them know a nuevo one was only $300 pesos and that seemed to sink in.

I dropped the fan off at 11 am and returned at mediodia (12 noon) but they had not looked at it. I was heading to the gym and said 3pm and they said ok.

Bottom line, Bexico and I walked back there at 430pm and it was all fixed up and cleaned up too. $120 pesos for what I do not know, but it is working like a charm!! The senor asked us to bring him any other electronic problems we may have!! New Mac repair guy? Lol

The rest of the day? Jumped in the truck around 11am and headed on some errands.

First was a thank you card for Sandra and her helpers at the Migracion officina. I left the card with the seguridad and as I left she asked me for my name and if I was Sandra’s amigo. I laughed and said it was from Marcos and Rebecca, the dos sympaticio Canadiense!!

Then it was Nissan and ta-da…the part was in. But first you slide over to the caja (cashier) to pay the bill. The parts guy gave her a recibo that stated the full amount, not the amount minus the $200 I had already paid. So she gave me $100 pesos back from $500, and I had to “perdon” her and we cleared it all up.

As for the part, it took 5 minutes to install and works like a charm. Here is what the old one looks like.


What made me laugh is that this old one is made in Mexico and the new one is from the US of A. Now that the fan works properly, we are planning to hit Puerto on Viernes!!

After Nissan I popped into Che and as I was walking the aisles, I saw a senorita with a 4 litro jug of limpiaparabrisas in her cart!!! Where did she get this I asked myself and went to the auto section of Che. There was a sale sign for the limpiaparabrisas, but it was attached to a case of aceite por moto. So I asked the hombre “donde?” and he took me to the clearance section by the front door.

I could not believe the oferta (sale)!! I had paid $15 pesos for uno litro and I was about to pay $20 pesos for 4 litro!! I bought three as who knows when you will find windshield wiper fluid in Huatulco again. And the stuff is good up to -40 celsius!! Lol

Came home and then off to the gym. Took this photo on the way…which one should we buy? lol


Gym was good. Calor as it gets…probably 35 plus in there…yikes!! Had a lesson with Rosa and I found out I am now part of a comedy routine. Ayer (yesterday) I was approached by an hombre I had met before and he said hola. I replied hola back and left it at that. He is slightly “disconnected” as Lalo would call him, and when he was done his workout, I asked him “finito?” (finished?) and he said with a straight face “no, mi esta Francisco”. I rolled with it and reminded him who I was and left it at that. I guess Rosa overheard the conversation and today was laughing so hard about it.

At 3pm when Gimeli came in, Rosa told him the story and as I was getting ready to leave, I said fintio and Gimeli said “no, mi esta Gimeli” and we all laughed!!

I learned today that a carro that is diez ano CAN be sold to a Mexican…not that we will sell our truck.

The gym is funny…today it was about the guys working out in flip-flops…but I guess that is normal as Silverio was wearing two shirts while working the gate. He must have been frio?

I met a VERY muscular Canadian at the gym today. He was sweating a ton and asked if you climatize after a certain time. I said 3 months was not yet the magic number and he laughed.

This guy is 51, lives in Vancouver and was is here on a vacation. He was telling me about the 450 pound bench presses he used to do and then went on to actually do some 400 pound squats. Yikes.

Left the gym and came home for alberca time. After that, we went for the walk to pick up the fan as well as conduct some errands.

Here are some photos from the walk.

A possible job for me? Home delivery.


This is the same pollo store…they are always busy and the smell floats over our compound regularly…especially noticeable at 4pm.


We saw this poster hanging and it talks about a big festival for the Virgin de Guadalupe that culminates on December 12. This festival and Navidad will be an interesting time around here.


And then we saw this cutie walking around La Crucecita.



Hit the “mall” to find out if there is an Ingles film playing and we will be seeing some Ben Affleck flick manana. It is called The Town in Ingles…not sure what it is called in Espanol.

Fresh pan as a pre la cena snack, picked up some platanos and then came home.

Fixed the Nissan, wrote this blog and it is now time for la cena…chorizo quesadillas…mi Padre’s favorito!!

No big plans for manana, but may get the wheel looked at. Oh yeah…it is also RJ’s birthday manana. All you Arnolds, don’t forget to call your madre. Feliz Cumpleanos!!

Have a great night!!

Hasta luego.










1 comment:

  1. This place is looking very different to other world. Welcome to My Metro Taxi service which owner able for providing largest Metro Airport taxi service in greater Detroit and State of Michigan.

    ReplyDelete