Lunes Noviembre 22, 2010



Buenos noches to all!! What is the temperature in the city from which you read this blog?

The web says it is currently:

Ø     Minus 5 C in Vancouver
Ø     Minus 4 C in Victoria
Ø     A balmy 12 C in Toronto....and of course 28 C in Huatulco.

Mi Padre y Madre don’t look too concerned about the weather they will experience upon their return to Canada manana.


That photo was taken today as they got used to what we call floating.

This fella uses the heat from the a/c exchange to keep warm.


We have now seen him a few days in a row.

I had a great day and it started with my walk to the gym. It has been a few days since that occurred as Viernes I drove and on Sabado and Domingo the gym was cerrado.

Always see interesting happenings on the way to the gym and hoy was no different.

I saw this truck parked outside on calle Carrizal.


These are all bbqs and there were 5 guys walking up and down the street, going door to door and business to business, offering these for sale.


On the way to the gym, I was asked if I wanted one and I could not understand the cost, but we still discussed how it was used, with carbon (charcoal) and it had an area to keep tortillas warm too. I let them know they were no permisso at our condo and he thanked me and I was on my way.

Upon my return, there were now 5 guys milling around the truck and I asked “cuanto vende?” and he had sold 6 since I had first seen him. The guys wanted to talk, and I found out that amongst the 5, they spoke one word of Espanol.

The word came about when I asked if they spoke Ingles and the one Ingles word they used is the complete 15 minute conversation, was the empathic response “Spanish”. Lol We talked about where we lived (our condo and they from a town I could not pronounce), my shoes, how much rent we paid (I did not disclose) and my watch and heart monitor. They had me laughing and I repaid the favor several times!!

My escolar at the gym started with me writing down “how was your weekend?” in Ingles and then letting Rosa know she needed to answer it in Inlges. After I had ridden the bike, I came down to see she had explained her Sabado, but not her Domingo.

On Saturday she took her son to the parade where he marched in costume. She also said it was way too hot for her. I asked about Domingo and she said she relaxed.

Weekend in Espanol? El fin de semana. Como fue tu fin de semana? What did you do this weekend? Ten on buen fin de semana!! Have a great weekend!! I will practice these and start using them proximo (next) Viernes y Lunes!!

Memo is back after not seeing him at the gym for over a week. Neuvo corte de pelo (new haircut) and I asked him if it was for his novia and he stated very clearly…NO!! ha ha ha. I asked him if “estaban perdi semana pasada?”…were you lost last week? He laughed and said he was at home working…not sure what he does and won’t ask until I have known him for a longer amount of time.

Good session and then came home. Loaded up M&P and we drove to Santa Maria de Huatulco. I have blogged about this town previously, but it is a quaint place to take los padres (my parents).

We parked the truck and walked the main strip. As we were getting close to half way, we were approached by a mujer (woman) who in perfect Ingles said hello and asked if we needed any help.

I just asked M&P if any of us recall her name…but nope. Doph. She was super friendly, lives in the USA and her ties to Huatulco are through her madre. She wants to come back here full time and make Santa Maria de Huatulco a tourist destination. Good luck as it is so far off the beaten path and is 30 minutes from the ocean. SM Huatulco is located in some beautiful mountains. But there is nothing else really there.

And how many tourists do they see? Based on the gawking as the three of us strolled the town….not so many. The gawking was not rude, they just don’t see many tourists. It makes me want to be able to speak more Espanol so I can show them we are just sympatico (friendly) Canadians!!

Spent an hour touring the town and then came home for our own floating time.

After the alberca, Bexico and I walked around our end of La Crucecita where we discovered a treasure trove of dulce (sweets) at a corner store. Bulk packs of gum, M&Ms etc. Cha ching!!

We then bumped into our landlord, Heidi, and her mom. We knew it would happen sometime.  Arrocito for the big turkey feast on Thursday. Happy Thanksgiving to our Northern neighbors.

Popped in to see Lalo and catch up on the news in the Mayor’s world. All about buying a TV and a big ass stereo from Elecktra which he will send to his family in Acapulco.

Picked up some pan and a few orejas (palm ears) as going away treats for M&P and then back to the condo.

La cena was chorizo quesadillas but first we had a small ensalada and the pan con oil y balsamic vinegar.

As I write and post this blog, the three Scrabble players are duking it out with Bexico in the lead…trying to put a Scrabble beating on mi M&P. She beat them anoche and is trying to go 2 for 2.

Not sure how this all works…we are getting a ton of views for the blog, but only a total of 6 of you replied regarding the root vegetable. Thank you to all of you and the correct answer was chosen by most of you. It was a jicama the size of a volleyball.

Here is a link to some jicama information.


Manana is a quiet day….the gym, Che, the alberca and then take M&P to the airport.

Great news for Bexico as she has had an inquiry regarding an on line posting she applied for. Not sure about all the deets, but someone in London England is asking for some drawings and Bexcio is submitting some samples of her work. Good work Bexico!!

Hasta luego.

No comments:

Post a Comment