Miercoles Noviembre 3, 2010



Hola amigos!!

Here is Miercoles Noviembre 3’s blog update.

So after I posted ayer’s blog, I checked email and had a reply from our landlord. They would like us to wait with the exterior phone line until someone named Miguel looks at it.

I guess Miguel helped construct the buildings? We are not happy about this delay for several reasons. We have already had 3 people try to clear the tubo and have had no success. Even if Miguel is found and contacted, he will still not be able to access the suites below us because Oscar has not been able to get permission from the other owners.

So, I replied as politely as I could, and have asked for a date where we stop the insanity and move forward. It upsets us that our landlords do not seem to understand the urgency of the situation or show empathy. They knew the only CRITICAL item on our list in regards to a move to Mexico, was internet access for Bexico’s career.

Bex and chatted when I got home from Blue and we have decided on a new course of action. We are going to send Rick and Heidi an email today and ask if they are ok that we proceed with the exterior cable and that if the inside tubo can be fixed; we will pay for the second installation. That way there is no delay if Miguel cannot fix it, as we suspect will happen.

It is now 1030am, we have eaten more of Bexico’s freshly baked pan de platano, Felicty is solving the ongoing crisis of the World, and I am about to get ready for the gym.

I did a Google Map of Mojon and here is a link to the newest satellite photo.

  
This shows the ½ Olympic pool that Roman and his bother in law own and operate as a training facility for Mexican swimmers. It also shows the development along the strip of beachfront properties. Our lot is almost dead centre of the photo…fully covered by the green jungle!! But not for long….

On another topic, there are not many of these left.


This taxi’s name speaks for itself.

Hasta luego!!

Buenos Noches!! 730pm and we have finished dinner and spent 2 minutes mucking around with the mini-hot water heater. It was not firing when the kitchen tap was turned on…but it seems to be ok now. We did learn it has two D cell batteries in it…good to know for next time.

Great phone/internet line news!! After gym, I hit an internet store called Snoopy and fired up the email. I was going to send R&H the email, but they had already replied with the go ahead. I let them know it would be easy to undo if the tubo was ever cleared. Phew.

Any way, the walk to the gym included seeing this guy.


He was selling these hand made guitars. I know squat about them, but the one he was playing sounded great. Me, Bexico and a guitar on our playa? Remind me to tell you about my piano and swimming lessons some time.

Great work out at the gym. Rosa is in Mexico City and returns Lunes. In her place is a young man whom I have seen around the gym before. I have said Hola in the past, but today was the day to get a name. He has a tough name to pronounce, we tried twice and he finally told me his nickname comes out as “Jay-oh”.

I tell you, I have seen Jay-oh 20 plus times at the gym and have NEVER seen a smile. Today we have a chat and he broke the smile and his whole demeanor changed. Don’t judge the book by its cover, but you also need to make sure you say hi to strangers and introduce yourself.

So I am done on the bike and am about to start some bench presses, when Jay-oh wants to talk muscles, but in Ingles. He asks me about chest, and I related it to our dinner from ayir. Pechuga (breast) de pollo and then added the sides (papas, elote etc) to show him I am trying to learn his language.

I move on to another exercise and Jay-oh runs up to me and blurts out something in Espanol. I only understand the word cellular, and reply no, as I do not have one. There was another hombre working out and he too says no. I finish my set, only to realize that Jay-oh’s amigo has passed out cold.

I go see if I can help. His legs are raised to keep the blood to his head a d heart, I get a towel and make it into a cold compress and then Jay-oh waves another towel to try and cool his friend down.

Meanwhile I have met the other hombre and he speaks Ingles very well, but we try to stick to Espanol. We feel the guy is ok, so back to another set of exercises we go. Finish those and come back to the amigo who is awake and we move him to a bench.

Another set of exercises and we both return to see the amigo is about to pass out again. I ask if he had a comida, or desayunos and he says in Ingles, “not much”. I run next door to the corner store and buy him a breakfast type of bar and he is appreciative. We get him some agua and he looks good. Back to exercises.

Jay-oh comes over and signals for me to watch the gym…I say ok…what harm can I cause? Lol Jay-oh runs next door and gets the Mexican version of an automatic heart defiblirators…a Snickers bar. Mucho azucar!! lol

All is well and I head home. Lots of road work and I see they repair the back roads much differently then the tourist/main roads. Dig up the pothole, flatten it out, pour in a mixture of dry cement and sand and then roll over it. I can see it hardening with the travel and a slight rain, but in heavy rain season, those patches are toast!!

Bexico is at the internet and she will have seen the email from Rick, so I head out to meet her. We hook up and heck out the movie theatre to see if there are any good flicks for tonite. Nope, the movie we want to see, starring Robert Downy and that crazy guy from The Hangover, comes out Friday.

Off to Telmex as they close at 4pm. Here are two photos from Telmex.

This is Bexico getting ready to talk with Christina, our service rep.


This nina was collecting money for a telethon. She had asked all the Mexicans for money but seemed oblivious to us when we left. I went “pssst”, which caught her attention, and pulled out some coin. I dropped the coin in her bucket, she said gracias (most polite nina we have met yet) and I replied denada. Then she scrambled for her sheet of stickers so she could attach one on Bexico, showing that we had made our donation.


As for Telmex, we went prepared!! We had our phrases in Espanol, even though Christina is probably a 3 or 4 out of 7 in Inlgles. We also had photos and had brought my bad hand drawn diagram of where the wiring needs to go.

Christina asked if we had service and we replied no and told the story.

“obstruccion de tubo”

“no possible arreglar”

“uno nuevo alambre o cable exterior esto nesecito”

“instalar de primero piso a piso tres”

“taladrar traves de la muro”

There is an obstruction in the tube that cannot be fixed. A new exterior wire or cable
Is necessary to be installed from the first floor to the third. Will need to drill through the exterior wall.

Follow that by photos and artwork, and Christina fully understood our dilemma. We told her about Bruno our first installer, and she out back and talked with him. The word? He might be able to come out manana. If we do not see him tomorrow, we still have his direct cell number, and we will call him ourselves.

I did not see Christina make a new work order, so I am just hoping this all works out. As we left, I said “internet manana” and looked to the sky and Christina crossed the fingers on both her hands, so we are at least on the same page there!!

Oh yeah…a big shout out for Bexico. Christina said in Espanol, that Bexico’s Espanol had improved a lot since we got here. Quite nice to hear that!!

Pit stop at Che for queso and tortillas (burrito Miercoles) and then home.

For the first time in over 30 days…no need for a pool float. The weather this morning was light clouds, but by 2pm a rain cloud came over the mountains and by between 230 and 231pm we had a rain shower. The rain stopped but it stayed mainly cloudy for the rest of the day.

The statistics state Huatulco gets over 330 days of sun a year. Does that mean that after today, there are only 34 more days of clouds and rain in the next 10 months?

It is now 8pm…off for a quick blog post and then chill. Manana, Bexico is up early for yoga and then we are going to Migracion.

Hasta luego,

Bex and Bubba








No comments:

Post a Comment