Viernes Noviembre 19, 2010


What day is it? I awoke to an email telling me I had two Miercoles blog posts in a row. Great catch Melon!!

Today is Viernes (Friday) Noviembre 19…all day long.

A great day and have fulfilled my promise of more photos and less words.

Everyone is sitting around watching Shawshank Redemption and I take this time to multi task.

Had an email today from a Van buddy who told me an Ontario based recruiter was enquiring about me. LOL I emailed back and said if it is a Mexcio recruiter…send em my way!!

We awoke to seeing this fellow getting a suntan on the side of the adjoining building.


He was about 18 inches long minus the tail.

This morning Bexico and Madre went out for another walk to the mercado and I took the truck for some errands prior to going the gym.

Photo essay.

Here is the service center where I will end up taking the truck next week to get the tire balanced….or is it alignment?


Across the street is where I found the liquido limpia parabrisas…windshield wiper fluid.



You can see it is a walk up counter style of business. The difference being that the step up is actually outside. I went in and saw that the grande containers were gone, so I asked in Espanol if they had more because ayer (yesterday) they did. They were sold out so I asked how much for the 1 litro container. I could not understand the number, so I asked him to write it down, escriber por favor. Expensive…$15 pesos because no locals use the stuff. I need it due to the amount of driving to Mojon.

I hit the gym and had a quick workout, saying only a few words to Rosa. She said something to me as I left, but I did not understand. We worked on it for a while and she asked me how to say “have a good day” in Ingles. As I left, I hear a hombre say, “hey guy” and I turn to see a Mexican guy who tells me in broken Ingles, “Rosa wished you a good weekend”. I meet so many peeps and learn so much Espanol at the gym!! The word “weekend”…will have to confirm it with Rosa next week.

Did a quick tour on the way home and got out to take some photos of places I had seen ayer.

These folks work at a hardware store and called me over to take their photos and then acted tonto (silly).


I had a great chat with them and met Jonathon who speaks poco Ingles. I can tell you that I will be doing all my hardware shopping there due to their friendliness as well as their eagerness to talk with me.

I took this photo…


and explained that we don’t have many machetes in Canada. They were amazed at this fact. I ended our talk by making them laugh out loud. They had this large contraption that was the size of a large Webber bbq and had a burner and pot on one side and a press (looked like a waffle iron) on the other side.

The sign had 5 or 6 words and I only understood one…ropa…clothing. I asked about the machine and was told it was for washing clothes manually. I asked if it wasn’t a comidor, a machine that made meals with the press being for tortillas. This is what made them howl out loud. I will keep in touch with them.

These guys worked around the corner at the iron shop. They too wanted a photo taken and then goofed around.


One of the guys pointed to the guy standing in the middle and said “he is gay”. I replied “no mi problema” which made them laugh and then I left. As I left one of the guys looked at my Lance Armstrong Nikes and said “nice sneakers”. Everyone likes the sneakers…makes me feel a bit guilty sometimes.

This is the auto shop I saw yesterday.


I might end up here if I cannot get the fan in the truck fixed. More on that later.

Rushed home, loaded up the truck and we set off. I set up M&P at La Bocana before heading off to Mojon. First I chatted up Adam and asked about a surfboard for manana. I guess biz is slow so he offered to throw in a boogie board for free…yipee.
Did not get stopped at the military checkpoint and proceeded to Mojon. Here is what the exit to our beach looks like.


The highway to the left is Ruta 200 and is 125 km to Salina Cruz. The dirt road to the right is the start of 2 km to the playa.

In manana’s blog, I will fill you in on my Mojon meeting with Roman. The best news was that the two wells on the property are confirmed to have agua sin sal…fresh water wells…no salt. Phew.

Retrieved M&P from La Bocana and stopped at Nissan. 350pm…siesta time so we went to Che and then home.

Greeted at home by Bexico “what is this bump above my bellybutton” Arnold. It looks like someone might…might…have a belly button hernia. We will wait and see what occurs and take it from there.

Bexico and I went back to Nissan and had a Spanglish conversation with the parts guy. Here is the part that we need….


The part number sent to me by my guy (thanks Mike at Nissan Burnaby) was correct, but not in stock. Uno semana (yeah right) from Mexico City.

The deal is 50-50…pay half…so I did…$200 pesos


Came home and calle Carrizal was blocked by a parade of ninos who were in costume celebrating the 100 Anos since the Revolution. So we parked the truck on a side street and collected M&P so we could all go down with our cameras and watch.

Here is some of what we saw.





And then we saw this advertiser drive by…always creative these Mexicans are!!



Back into the condo to cook la cena….pollo y arroz and now it is movie night.

Manana? After our day at Mojon, we will come home and then head out to Il Regoletto for some pizza and to celebrate my birthday (?). Goose, you know I had to put it in the blog somewhere.

Hope all is well in your world.

Saludos




No comments:

Post a Comment