Martes Noviembre 16, 2010



Hola amigos!!

I am waiting at the Huatulco airport por mi madre y padre. Their flight arrives in 30 minuto or so.

Anoche, I booked Bexico and my Whistler vacacion!! Quite excited to hit the slopes and get some boarding in. It was the last day for the great sale and we managed to get a one bedroom condo with full kitchen for 5 nights as well as 4 lift passes for each of us, for only $1265 Cdn total. Works out to be about $140/night (tax included) for the condo…not bad for January in Whistler!! We are also both looking forward to having my boarding buddy join us for a few days.

Not much happened hoy. Cleaned up the condo and moved all our stuff into one room so M&D could have the other room. Bexico was up early doing some work and then yoga. She has also made a yummy pan platano (banana bread) for a noches ook the postere (dessert).

My Espanol lesson con Rosa was around the fact I was tired, low energy due to a bad sleep. No mas energia!! Por que? Estabas inquieto y intranquilo. We discussed what causes inquieto y intranqulio and it is the usual…noise, calor (heat), cafĂ© etc. It was a good discussion.

After the gym and my Espanol lesson, I took the truck to be washed and vacuumed. It took 40 minutes for one guy to do it all by hand, and it cost me $60 pesos so I dropped another $20 as a propina (tip). Good news? Truck looks great and the two cleaners and I had a brief conversation about the trip from Van to Huactulo. Bad news? Some parrot did his/her business on the passenger door and it has stained the paint job. What do parrot eats? Yikes!!

Lavar exterior y aspirador interior got the job done. And never forget to ask cuanto questa first!!!

Bad news #2? The fan in the truck has positions 0 to 4 with 4 being super blasting. For some reason, positions 1 thru 3 are not working, so it is either full on or roll down the window time. The heat down here takes its toll on the truck. Good news is that there is a Nissan dealer here as well Roman has told me about his mechanic. Now comes the fun part of trying to translate the problem.

Probably something like “una problema con mi ventilador” and then “puede mirar por favor?” and then “puede arreglar?” and of course “cuanto questa?”. I have a problem with my fan, can you please look at it? Can you fix it? How much will it cost?”

Ok gang…540pm…off to look for the folks!!

Hasta luego.

M&D have arrived safe and sound. Discount airline?


Picked them up and realized the back of the truck was locked and the key was in the condo..doph. Squeezed them all in and home we went!!

Unloaded all the contraband…Starbucks pods, tea, my Sanford paperbacks, 3 prong extension cords etc and then it was time for la cena.

Ensalada followed by quesadillas. Otra tiempo…more chorizo!!

Managed to have the will changed…quesadillas worked wonders!! Lol

Manana? Probably a tour for M&D and Super Che for items we need for them. Low on azucar as Bexico made the pan platano and my goodness it was delicious!!

All is good in our lives.

Hasta luego.

Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment