Jueves Noviembre 18, 2010


Hola!! Hoy (today) it is Jueves Noveimbre 18.

Feliz cumpleanos (Happy Birthday) to Dan “come to my seminar” Balm.

I must start off with a lo siento….sorry but I have no photos today, as I had promised you all ayer (yesterday). Maybe manana as I am headed to La Bocana and Mojon.

Today was a fun day, not that I accomplished too much.

I normally take 15 minutes to walk to the gym and then spend 5-10 chatting up Rosa and then hit the bike. Today when I was done talking with Rosa, I looked at my watch and it had been una hora since I had left mi casa. Yikes.

But what a great day of escolar with Rosa…both in Espanol y Ingles. We talked about the movie Red, about my broken truck (fan), how M&P’s visit was going so far, the Ruta 200 still being cerrado and more. It was good!!

On the walk home I decided to take a different route and headed through the hardware store section of town. Manana I will return with the proper lense for mi camera, and take some photos to share. These hardware stores have most of their wares behind the counter, so it will be good practice once I need to go ask for some nails etc.

I also saw a service shop on the way and it made me think about the truck. There is an automotive section of La Crucecita and I went exploring. For all you on Google map (Google map La Crucecita Mexico), the street is calle Plumbago y Sabali near calle Carrizal.

Great score on this street as I found windshield wiper fluid (first store in all Huatulco), a BF Goodrich with an actual tire balancing machine (and not a goat) as well as several repair shops. So I will go back with the truck, will actually be able to see out the truck windows, the front right tire will no longer be out of balance or alignment and I might find the part I need to fix the truck.

The part? It is Nissan number 27150-2m100. How do I know? I emailed my service advisor in Vancouver and asked him what he thinks the problem could be. His reply was blower motor resistor and when you Google this, you see all these postings from people who say they have a problem identical to mine. I will head to Nissan first and see if they carry the part or can bring it in. It is supposed to be a $20 CDN part, which is great news. Installing it? Will update you later.

I was coming home at 2pm and it was amazing to see so many stores with their shutters shut down for siesta time. Now a days siesta is all about the businesses who may have only one worker, as many family businesses do here. The worker goes home for the main meal of the day, possibly a shower and a short rest before coming back and working until 7pm or 8pm or later. Maybe the hombre has gone home to try and catch a “Gonzalez”…the name given to the “other” man if there is one. Oh the Mexicoisms!!

Found a fairly new zapateria with work boots for only $300 pesos.

A quick stop at Gabriel because I feel I have neglected them…lol. Met Sergio’s daughter Daniella and found out he has a third child on the way.  Felicidades!!

Being at his shop by the zocolo (town square) reminded me about a big fiesta happening this Sabado. It is a celebration of 100 years since the revolution and the zocolo will be full of ninos, army peeps etc. Mi gym is also cerrado on this Sabado.

Made it home and had some alberca time and then chilled until dinner. La cena was hamburguesa con papa frances/fritas and then a treat of a few dark chocolates.

We enjoy living right downtown as it is so close to everything and it has allowed M&P the freedom to go for walks when ever they choose and they chose so tonight. It is very safe here, the only worry I have is the fact that some sidewalks are uneven and that can be pelligresso (dangerous).

Manana? La Bocana and then Mojon to meet with Roman…photo Friday!!

Saludos





No comments:

Post a Comment