Martes Noviembre 23, 2010



Hola all!! It is 545pm in Huatulco and I know what you are thinking…what is it like with mi Madre y Padre gone? Well….they are in our condo, sitting on the couch, because their flight has been delayed.

We called a local number for Sunwing and Padre was told that his flight would now leave Huatulco at 330am…yikes. He also checked the YVR website and the flight coming down is now not scheduled to leave until 710pm Van time, 910pm Hux time.

910pm leaving YVR, 5.5 hour flight, it will arrive here at 240am, thus the 330am departure. So…it is a good thing we checked first as that would have sucked to drive out there, only to return.

After the local call, we plugged in the Magic Jack to call both Padre’s Holiday Inn in Vancouver as well as mi hermano, to let them know los padres flight would be quite late.

Bexico and I had planned on a simple roti dinner, so we went back to pick up another bird and the pan (bread) I had forgotten on the first trip…doph. More veggies and sandia and we are set. A little cantaloupe with cassis for los padres and they are set for la cena and then a power sleep before we leave the condo at 130am.

Our Mojon plans for manana might be delayed until after yoga on Thursday, but all is good.

Today was a quiet day with the anticipation of the airport run.

Bexico was up early for yoga and had a successful class…her hernia did not act up!! Bex had an iChat with RJ on Sunday and my understanding of the situation is that she will be a-ok, she can continue to do stomach exercises, but only while laying on her back, and that if the hernia continues to impact her, I can use the first aid kit we brought with us for a quick nip and tuck. Maybe I should Google the procedure first though?

M&P went for another walk around La Crucecita and I hit the gym. Marcos the muscle head was there…this guy is huge!! Anyway, today was an Ingles lesson day for Rosa and it was about her being sad. I had asked her how she was and she did the so-so thing with her hands. I asked her if it was physical or emotional and she said emotional.

The gist of the lesson was this following conversation.

“How are you?”

“I am sad”

“I am sorry you are sad”

“Why are you sad?”
“I know how you feel”

She accomplished the first 4 lines without a problem but it took a while to get her to understand the last line. Here is how I explained it.

Ayer, su pero muerto. Ano pasado, mi pero muerto.

Yesterday your dog died. Last year my dog died. Thus, I know how you feel.

I didn’t pry to find out why she was sad, but she was happy to have the Ingles lesson and we had a laugh about the number of bench presses I was accomplishing (and the # of kilos), vs what Musclero Marcos was and had obviously accomplished.

Came home and did the first of the two Che runs. Padre came with me and paid for the groceries (grassy-ass Padre) and then we did a drive through the industrial area to show Padre the guys building wooden shelves and bed frames, right on the side of the road.

After we came home it was alberca time and after that Bexico and I headed out.

That takes us up to ahora (now). Bexico has fed M&P an ensalada and in 15 minuto I will start the papas and reheat the pollo.

Tonight Bexico will defend her Scrabble championship, having laid a beating on M&P. No respect for her elders? Lol

Hasta luego.


No comments:

Post a Comment