viernes, el 20 de diciembre de 2013



Yikes...I cannot believe I slept in until 650am!!

Oh yes mis amigos...we are on a roll. Great start to the day and at 445am when Max asked for "manos", he got some leche, a panale pit stop and some rocking instead.

He was plopped onto the bed, asked for Gilligans and the next thing you know...650am!!

Before we go on...I must say that I am a day late, una día tarde, in wishing Oma y Opa a Feliz 56th Aniversario!! Felicidades!!

As well, I am not sure what part of the World you are travelling in right now, but a Feliz Cumpleaños goes out to mi sobrina, Jess!!

As for our day, it was a Che day and believe it or not, by 10am, Max looked tired and was nap ready. So our morning was like this...tranquilo time, prowl, desayunos (huge), pit stop at Tony mi mecanicos, Che (where madre spooked us as she decided to meet us there on her bici) and then home for leche y siesta.

Short prowl and the pit stop at Tony's was to give him a tarjeta de Navidad and set up a time for the fuel injector cleaning. On lunes, when I return, we will also go visit Pablo, el pintor, the painter, so he can quote on getting some work completed on the camioneta verde.

Max likes Tony...muy amable amigo!! And Tony will not only drive us to the aeropuerto and pick us up, but will get the work completed on the camioneta while we are away. Score!!

Che scores? I have never seen so much lomo de cerdo in one spot!! I asked the butcher por que and he told mi (with the "duh" look on his face) it was because of Navidad. I guess the Mexicanos love their lomo de cerdo at this time of year? Who knew?

As for the siesta, lights out at 1145am and it was a good 2 hour nap for the lil'man...Poppa scored a good 45 minutos of that!!

Post nap, I grabbed a PB sandwich and was out the door, headed to el gimnasio. A good work out and then on the way home, I pit stopped into the Mezcaleria...we cannot go to a familia dinner empty handed.

Now I don't drink much anymore, and after a few samples...I was not feeling my feet. Kidding!! But at the sample bar, I did chat it up with a few Mexicanos and we discussed the different types of mezcal for sale.

I settled on one that had been distilled for 10 años and will taste something great in coñaceros, cognac glasses. Mi hermano...I hope you have some of these at home!!

I then headed home for the usual rutinas of clean up and la cena prep.

The familia had their comida, made their way to the playa and for the first time in a while, Max did not want to head into the oceano. So at 445pm, they are swimming away in the CP alberca, and will be upstairs para la cena, at 530pm.

So...onto to the fotos!!

Now that is one look of concern. No sé por que.


But all is good after taking in the calming effects of the palma.


Perro...woof woof.


Cheerio por favor Poppa.



Crossing the parking lot...manos doble!!


Hanging out at the guard shack.



A never used buzón de sugerencias, suggestion box.


Blocked off so Max's Gas Oaxaca amigos can make their delivery.


Just prowling...and stopping to touch todos, everything.




A few shadows.



Hmmmm....pollo.



It was a fair trade...a tarjeta de Navidad for a piece of fruta.


It must be tiempo de Navidad as this hombre is out selling live chicks.


Max takes a pit stop here every time he comes home from a prowl, or from an afternoon con su madre.


Helping out the trabajadores at the CP.


Prowl over...onto desayunos!!


It looks like Navidad has come around early to casa de Max!!


I don't drink much, and there is never beer in the house. When we do go out, a few Modelos or Pacificos do me fine...but after 2 years away, it was time to treat myself to a 6-pack of imported cervezas!! $90 pesos for 6, and Coronas are $55 pesos for 6. Not too bad.

Ok, papas puree need my attention, so off I go. I will finish this up tonight.

Hasta pronto.

Wow, that was a great dinner. The lomo was imported from the USA, and it was tender!! I must go back to Che and load up on some more kilos!!

A later dinner so no dance party tonight, but it was straight into tina time y FT con Oma y Opa. And at 715pm, round one of bedtime is half over. The Whisperer is headed in to tell Max all about Harry Hormigas día...and he was busy!!

Mañana? Burritos on the playa of Mojon!! Hoping for another 7am sleep in...buen suerte.

What? Only 5 more days until Navidad? We are pretty stoked about telling Max more about Santa, and then leaving the cookies (Oreos...oh Bex) and leche out.

Buen fin de semana y hasta mañana.

Marco, Bexico y Max


No comments:

Post a Comment