lunes, el 23 de diciembre de 2013



I do not recall what Max saw, but I do not recall him being triste, sad, before we started our prowl. But I love the foto anyhow!!

How do I describe anti-climatic? We told Max the story of Santa, the arbol de Navidad and the cookies y leche...he looked at us and then want to immediately play with his stroller and Bex's computers!!

We did our job as padres!! And during the día, we have continued to remind him about Santa, and he is now very clear about what Santa will be given mañana...leche y galletas. He does not seem too excited about the regalos, but that should probably change on Christmas morning.

Our Dec 25 plans? Gifts from Santa in the morning, some of our usual AM rutinas, including pan frances miercoles, and after the siesta, instead of a trip to Mojon, we will head off to the water slides.

The last time we were there, Max was too little and was not in love with the alberca. This time...it will be a hoot. And to ensure we don't have to rush home for cooking, we will head out to Los Portales para la cena. Hola hola to fajitas y quesadillas for Christmas dinner!!

Ok, how was the día? It started at 4am, when Max sat up in his cuna, leaned over and said "Momma", and when he realized it was his Poppa there, he promptly lay back down again. Hilarious!!

I pit stopped him, gave him a rock and only one or 2 verses of la la la, and we slept until 630am. Not a bad way to start the day.

I was meeting Tony, mi mecanico, at 10am, so Max and I had a shorter prowl, but a fun prowl. The best part of the prowl? We walked into a courtyard restaurante that had a huge arbol de Navidad in it. Max and I walk in and as I chat up the 2 meseros, he stared at the tree.

There was some music playing and I asked him if he wanted to do a dance. He was walking out and he said no, before returning, grabbing my hands and started dancing with me. We both did "the move" and then as we left, all we heard was the laughing of the 2 meseros and the 2 trabajadores de cocina. Hilarious!!

We worked our way home and then had a HUGE desayunos!! Post breakfast, Bex took over from me and I headed out to meet Tony.

Tony was late as he was trying to get air for his moto...it needs more then air!! And then at 1020am...he motions for me to get in his carro with him. Por que? Because we are about to drive all over town looking for an attachment that can be used on the can of fuel injector cleaner. I guess he broke his before I arrived...doph.

All good...11am and we get the cleaning started. I figure he is going to attach the can onto the area of the motor I had seen prescribed in videos...but ahhhhh no.

He undoes the fuel filter and connects the can to the fuel line. 20 minutes later the job is done and I also have a list of hoses and pulleys that need to be replaced.

While the truck is being tended by his cousins (?), he works on a taxi that has shown up, and 10 minutes after the camioneta verde is finished, we pile in and head to see Pablo, el pintor, the painter.

I show him all the work I want done, explain that Tony will be in charge of the camioneta while I am away, and agree on a price of $1900 pesos...not bad at all...if the work turns out to be good!!

And of course I have a few questions that I forgot to ask...doph. So maybe Max and I pop in mañana on our way home from Sorianas.

Post Pablo, I drop Tony off and ensure he understands that I will be paying him for taking care of the camioneta while we are in BC. I drop him off and pay him $100 pesos for the work that he did, work that would have cost me at least $600 pesos in Canada.

Then it was off to Nissan, where they confirmed they can NOT order the parts for me...I will need to get them from mis amigos in Vancouver. Doph.

Headed home and it was already 1230pm when I arrived. I managed to score a 45 minuto siesta with Max and then we all headed down for familia swim.

Coolest part of the swim? Max now puts on our gafas, goggles, and he will put his complete head under water and is now under there for up to 5 seconds. Really neat for us to see the progressions he make in the pool, almost daily.

Doph...730pm and round one of bed time is up. The Whisperer is headed in to close the show and I will finish this after.

Hasta pronto.

And at 815pm, the lil'angel is fast asleep!! Not the quickest bedtime, but it wasn't hard. He was just restless and after the singing and manos were completed, it took another 15 minutos for him to relax and actually fall asleep. No crisis!!

As for the rest of día...

Bex y Max had a prowl while I was out with the camioneta, and post familia swim, it was comida time and then off to the playa for another play date. Oh those 2 social mariposas, butterflies!!

I was at el gimnasio and then some quick errands and then home to cook up the chorizo y pollo pasta as well as get the casa ready for the PM rutina.

The familia met back for leche and the newest rutina of plopping Max into his highchair, and then having him watch his Poppa cooking la cena. Lots of "see", but we both seem to enjoy it.

Good eats, some JibJab time, a quick FT con Max's tío, tía y primo, tina time and then off to bed time...and you are all caught up.

Onto the fotos.

And the prowl has begun?


Wait a minute...who's that with Max?


Ahhhh...no one here Poppa.


Oh look...Pedro Pollo came down for the prowl too!!




Manos across the parking lot.


I liked all 3 poses...so you get to see all of them.





Tony, mi amigo y mecanico.


I am SURE they do not teach this in escuela de mecanicos!!


Ok, that's all.

Mañana? Sorianas martes for the boys!!

Have a great Tuesday y Nochebuena, Christmas Eve.

Hasta mañana.

Marco, Bexico y Max


No comments:

Post a Comment