jueves, el 19 de diciembre de 2013



Well hellooo darlings.

The Niño Whisperer scores again!! And what time did the boys wake up today? Can you say 720am? Yup, you read that correctly!!

Now...Max was pooped when he went to bed, and had a "need to change shirt" episode around 930pm, AND was awake at 520am looking for videos...but still, I will take 720am any day!!

At 520am, there were some half asleep tears, and once I stopped crying, I told Max I would be right back. I grabbed him his leche, gave him a panale pit stop and started rocking. I figured he was still sleepy and after 10 minutes, I plopped him onto the bed. He mumbled "Gilligan" and I started singing.

The next thing I know, we are having man "manos" and then el sol pouring into the room at 720am woke us up. Max is hilarious as he sits straight up, shakes his hair, and starts laughing. And then he is ready to go!!

First stop...turn off the beep beep beep because if it goes off (at 725am), Max will expect to be out the door asap.

We were out the door by 8am and back home from the prowl by 9am. Desayunos, tranquilo time and then it was off to familia pool time.

Funnest part of the prowl? We are headed home and Max sees 5 senoritas sitting on a curb outside their tienda, waiting for the jefe to come and unlock the doors.

Max has sat there before, and knows some of the senoritas, and asks me to let him down from our "arriba", carry.

I put him down and he promptly sits next to the girls, but in el sol. I ask him to sit in the sombra, and the girls part way, so Max can sit down.

He is only there for a minute, when he gets up and comes to my bolsillo, pocket, and says "regalo".

Now, we have been handing out his tarjetas de Navidad, and when he does, we have been calling them a regalo, gift.

He reaches in, pulls them out and I give him one. He promptly goes to one senorita in particular, and gives her the card. She looks at it and smiles, and then turns shy as the 4 other senoritas are now hooting and hollering, calling Max her novio, boyfriend. He is laughing, I am laughing and then we were on our way.

Best part of desayunos? The new besito de mostaza, mustard kiss. Max was eating his salchichas and mid way, he stops and says "kiss". Never turn down a kiss, so in I go and it tastes like mustard. I tell him this and he promptly sticks his finger in the mustard and then into his boca, and then says "kiss" again.

This happens 10 times in a row!! And now I can ask him for a mustard kiss, and he will stick his finger in his mouth, pull it out and then give me a kiss. It is hilarious...one of the many silly things we come up while eating breakfast!!

Post swim, it was a late start to siesta and it was almost noon by the time he was lights out. He was awake briefly at 1245pm, but I managed to get him back to sleep and was up for good by 2pm. A good siesta and we will see how hard it is to get him to close his ojos tonight. Wish us luck!!

I gobbled down some lunch and then headed out to el gimnasio to work off some "pinjuinos"...hee hee hee, and then home to clean up and get us ready para la cena...Bubba fajitas.

The familia had their comida, a prowl of the mall and then off to a play date at the Cluub.

Currently 445pm and it is almost time to start cooking, but first off...the fotos.

The sultry poses.




We will be pointing at arbol de Navidad until March!!



Oh yes, limes are back in season and we picked 4 off an arbol, for tonight's fajitas.


Max has graduated from carrying 2 to carrying 3.



And putting one down so he can point out "bug".


Missing his crack of dawn amigo.


Mesas!! Mesas!!


And ta-da...una mesa appears!!


Talk about having a target on your back!!


Not sure why, but this year there is NO arbol de Navidad in the zocalo. Huh? But they have hung these festive piñatas.



We were walking towards the panificadora and all of a sudden Max turns around and heads the other way. I am not worried about the calle...he knows manos, but I am not sure what he is looking for.


Turns out he had an attraction to this pillar...huh?




Hey, don't ask me...I am just his padre!!

Ok, off to cook la cena. Bummer...I thought it was futbol jueves tonight and it looks like there is no game. Oh well!!

Hasta pronto.

Well, that was a fairly easy bedtime!! Bex had her 30 minutos and then I went in to hold some "manos", tell Max about Harry Hormigas adventures of the day, sing some Gilligans and then la, la, la...and then plop into the cuna.

Funnest part of the bed time? In the pitch black and while holding only one mano, I hear this little voice whispering the numbers 1 to 10 en español, in the correct order, while "counting" our combined fingers and thumbs, using his free hand.

As for the rest of our day...Bex y Max had a great time at the Cluub and then came home for leche y la cena. The fajitas were a big success and Max ate a huge dinner!! Score!!

Easy clean up, some JibJab time, Madonna dance party during the FT con Oma y Opa, and then off to tina time y bed time.

And that was the día!!

Great news...Opa kindly postponed some eye surgery and now Oma y Opa can make it to Whistler to hang out with the 3 of us!! Muchos gracis Opa!!

What? Viernes already? Che run and nothing extra planned. Probably a Mojon trip this weekend...stay tuned.

Hasta mañana.

Marco, Bexico y Max


No comments:

Post a Comment