martes, el 11 de diciembre de 2012


Buenos noches.

Sí…there are a TON of fotos coming…keep reading.

Late night. Por que? Just as we are getting Max into slumber mode for the night, the beginnings of un desfile start up…oh right in front of the condos.

So there are bands playing and fireworks being let off and all Max wants to do is point at the window and say ah,ah.

I decide I might as well take him down to see the action and free up madre for a work Skype and more tiempo in her oficina.

Here is what we saw. Best to click on the fotos to get a bigger size.

This is calle Carrizal, blocked off for the fiesta before the desfile, parade.


One of several bands.


The blue lights in the background are a float with the Virgen de Guadalupe on it.


Traditional ropa.


Fuegos artificiales...no license required!! These were the big ones too!!




And we saw a few of Max's amigos. This is Raul, I think. I will leave you to translate his playera as cabron can mean a few things. 


So as the desfile started up, Max and I headed home and after 40 minutes of rocking…he is asleep!!

Typed up a few emails, sorted through the desfile fotos, gave Max some agua and a beso, and it is now 945pm. Heck, I am not even going to see Global News tonight!!

The rest of day…the quick recap.

Max had a great sleep and even slept in until 745am!!!

Had a super AM rutina and you will see some of the fotos.

Late wake up equals late siesta #1 and we awoke from that at almost 1pm. Yikes.

Madre took over and padre grabbed some comida and got ready for el gimnasio…first time in a few days. Darn gripe!!

The familia joined me on the complete walk and they went off to a parque y padre got his sweat on.

On the way home, had a tear as I deposited ten $500 peso notes into the CFE ATM and paid our bill.

I forgot to tell you another funny part of the CFE story. I needed to g see someone at CFE to talk about the bill, as I am not good at talking español over the tele.

So I went to the oficina and saw a senorita behind a desk. I told her I had a question and she told me to take a number from a machine near the front door.

I turn around and grab a ticket, number 44. As I turn back to the senorita, number 44 flashes on a screen and the same senorita motions me over and asks me how she can help me.

I laugh out loud that she made me get a number, only to turn around and come back to her desk. I ask her if it was a chiste, a joke, and she broke a smile.

Straight out of a bad comedy!!

Back to the day. I came home and siesta #2 was happening so I puttered around until the familia came out to say hola.

Max and I headed to the pool for a walk, where he used his new skill to stop and actually try and smell flowers…and the odd leaf!! So neat to see him try and do this…something his madre taught him.

Madre came down after prepping Max’s cena and we tagged off. They went for a walk and I prepped our cena and the PM rutina as well.

Great lomo cerdo for dinner, a FT con the abuelos during tina time, and you are all caught up.

Here are the rest of the fotos.

First off, some bed head. Check out those chinos...curls.





On the landing, getting pumped up for our AM walk.



Max es muy fuerte...very strong. He might be a little OC as well as the 19 litro garrafon seems to go back and forth a few times.









This is from in front of Fruver, where the fiesta was held tonight.


No need to plug in $5 pesos as Max was contento just lounging.


The iglesia is decked out for Navidad.


Max spots Lalo in the zocalo.




And then Max spots the sprinkler.



Wet shirt and shorts and mud on his shoes, but we still scored $10 pesos from this couple...who adored Max!!


On the way to el gimnasio, veering off the sidewalk so the lil'guy doesn't get a mouthful of arbol!!



Two meters on one casa. Por que? Rental unit? Nope. Peeps run a/c off one meter so they can keep their overall usage below 800 kwh and get the government subsidy!!


Greens are in season.


Outside the HSBC...a slow day for the bonsai and poinsettias sales. But I hear HSBC had a worse day? Almost $2 billion in fines for money laundering?


Post siesta bed head.


Side benefit of our little 11 kilo bundle of joy? One super toned back!!


Mañana? Gwen is here at 9am to clean up and we will play the rest of day by ear. Max still has a cough, so we have to take it easy for him. Maybe a post lunch trip to playa Santa Cruz?

Moises has a tae kwon do show at 4pm and INM has their event at 5pm, so we see how we fit those into our pre-PM rutina schedule.

Hoping to get a Mojon trip in on jueves or viernes!!

Have a great miercoles!!

Marco, Bexico y Max

No comments:

Post a Comment