domingo, el 23 de diciembre de 2012


Buenos noches y hola from DF….Mexico City!!

First off…a big thanks to abuelo Roly for picking up Max y Bexico and taking them from KW to the TO aeropuerto!!

As for me…what am I doing in Mexico City you ask? Knowing that Bex would be near the end of her energy reserves after 4 days away, and knowing she would have a long day today with the drive from KW to TO and then 2 flights to DF…I surprised mi familia by flying in and meeting them here.

Crazy trying to find them and ended up waiting in the hotel until they had cleared INM y Aduana. And the look on Bex’s face when she saw me? You will have to wait until mañana as I do have a foto to share.

The crazy parts?

First off, the flight 2169 no longer existed and was now flight 2183.

Then in one area, the signage said the flight from Miami was late and in another part it said it had arrived. And where do peeps arriving from International destinations exit? Sala F2 o F3…so there was no way for me to stay put and try to find them. Crazy.

So Bex y Max were happy to see padre and we went and had some cena and then after finding out the tina did not hold agua, we gave Max a quick bath in room 223 and then moved to 229 so Bexico could have a tina.

And that tina had an issue too…but hola to the shoe shine cloth for plugging the drain!!

1015pm and we are about to hit the sack and get up early for our 850am flight home. Mi amigo Tony will pick us up in our camioneta, so we will have the niño silla para Max.

As for the rest of the day?

I cleaned the condo, sat in the sun and flew here.

The plane was a small twin prop deal and there were a grand total of 5 passengers….foto mañana.

Once in DF, I was at Terminal 2 and would need to get to Terminal 1 but you need a boarding pass to take the air tram.

So I jumped in a cab and went to the Walmart Supercenter.

First off, grabbing a cab at the airport…they wanted to charge me $250 pesos for a short ride, so I made sure they knew I was not happy with that price, and ta-da…$125 pesos.

The Walmart? Huge, some items more expensive then Che, and maybe 1 million peeps in there!! It was crazy and the laissez-faire attitude of many Mexicans, means that blocking aisles or spending time chatting con amigos while peeps are waiting behind you, is all part of the experience.

You learn there is no point in being inpatient.

The tragedy? They had NO Crown Royal for sale. The Angel that saved the day? After all the travel today, and even before seeing me, Bexico had bought 2 bottles for me!!! Feliz Navidad!!

Bought a bunch of loot…most of it either meds for Bex or regalos de Navidad for Max!!

Grabbed a taxi back to the aeropuerto, Terminal 1 and after 10 minutes and $50 pesos, all was good.

Checked in, spent some time trying to figure out how and when I could surprise the familia, gave up and returned to the hotel….and you are all caught up.

Bex did say that both flights coming down were full, but that Max was a trooper the whole time and melted a ton of hearts.

And when I saw him for the first time after 5 days away…I swear he has changed!!

Not only did he look a little older, but he was a better walker and runner and his personality is definitely showing through. He went nuts for the arbol de Navidad in the lobby and when he heard the tina running, he smiled and bolted for the baño.

Super cute, super smart…and I am super lucky!!

Ok...off to sleep y felicidades to the Seattle Seahawks for beating the 49’ers!!

Hasta mañana!!

Marco, Bexico y Max

No comments:

Post a Comment