lunes, el 10 de diciembre de 2012


735am and I am watching Max lay on his back, pointing a flashlight’s beam all around the room and at the same time, hacking away with a lil’guy cough.

Poor lil’guy had a so-so start to his sleep, but then he woke up coughing and with what sounded like a very sore throat. It was my shift to soothe and I was on it, but sometimes things like this just need a mother’s touch.

Bex shut down her work night early (no tortillas for us today…) and came down to take care of her hijo. I know this meant trying to get Max to sleep in her arms so his head was higher and he could breathe easier.

That also means tough sleep for whomever does that as I remember those nights from when Max had the colico.

So padre caught some zzz next door and at 610am’ish it was my turn to take over. Good thing it was still dark out, as with a little rocking, hola to a one hour chest nap!!

So now we start our día and it will be a tranquilo one for sure.

And now at 8pm, how did the day turn out?

As we were all tired, Pochutla y Puerto was postponed. We want to go on a lunes to visit the tiangus, so it might be proxima lunes…so padre can pick up some more fuego artificiales!!

The día was very tranquilo but lots was accomplished.

We had our AM rutina and that included a short walk around the centro. Max was looking tired and I did not want him to get more tired, so it was padre doing all the walking and Max was doing all the looking.

Neither of us found the notario we were looking for, but more on that later.

Short nap…doph…but madre took over and I headed out on a mission. What mission? Figure out why the CFE (electric) bill was a whopper and also find the notario.

The “feel good” news? After 2 years in Huatulco, we feel confident enough to walk into an oficina and ask questions about our bill. The bad news? The bill is correct and it is huge.

Ok, what did I find out? If the average usage on your last 6 bills (or maybe it is 6 months) is 800 kwh or less, the government pays a portion of the bill. If the average over the 6 is more then 800 kwh, you lose that rebate.

So…we actually used less energy then our last bill, but we are averaging 1200 kwh a bill and thus instead of a $3000 peso bill, this bill was $5000. Yikes…$394 Cdn for 2 months.

The culprit? The air con that is used during Max’s siestas and then at night when he hits the sack. The positive is that with the cooler temps, we are using less air con and when we do turn it on at night, it is set for 26,0 grados and as the night time temps are now much lower, the air con does not come on as often.

But like his padre, the lil’guy is a ball o’fuego…he is hot. If possible…he would be a in the buff guy!! Ja ja ja

So we will do our best to control the electricity, but getting our average to 800 kwh looks like a stretch to me. As for Mojon…hola to solar!!

Mojon update later in the blog.

After CFE and their not so good news, pit stop at Che for some eats para la cena and then into centro to find this notario. Betto said it was down a calle and then up 3 calles and look for the edificio con ventana verde….green windows. Huh?

I found it and here starts another fun story.

I need to notario so we can get the travel letter for madre y Max. I headed upstairs into the oficina and ask my questions. I get a list of items I need to bring and the cost is $1000 pesos. Wow…get rich in Mexico? Become a notario!!

Now I had already typed up a letter, thinking they would stamp it and off I would go. Oh no. Using the information I had supplied, they typed an official document that is now stored in their journals, with Bex and I getting a copy.

But was it a quick process? Easy yes, quick no. After the first visit, I dropped off the truck, grabbed the info they required and the familia walked the 5 minutes to the oficina.

130pm and they told me to come back at 2pm and I am thinking “score!”. So at 2pm I am back, wait 15 minutes, sign on a few dotted lines and am told to come back at 530pm. Huh? I guess the senoritas were getting all the paperwork ready, but the notario would not be able to sign and stamp the documents until later.

Good news was that at 530pm, right before la cena and with Max on my shoulders, we went to pick up the documents and they had a nice package ready for us.

Four trips to get this document, but Bex y Max should have no issues travelling….knock on madera!!

After the 2pm cita to sign the paperwork, I raced back to CP to meet con Roman. Long review of all the changes requested and the drawings he showed me were almost bang on.

Instead of building a septic, save at least 1/3 of the cost and buy two plastic biodigestors. Move the building 2 meters off the calle and away from the lot to our left. The building is now a rectangle, we have reduced the oficina and increased the bodega…more storage. No need for double doors at the front, made our recamara bigger by 1 meter and added windows facing the headlands.

On and on. Things that still needed to be addressed? The stairs to the roof are still a challenge and that leads to the exit on the roof being undecided on. We finalized the stairs and the exit can wait.

And moments ago, I sent Roman an email asking where the cisterna is located, as I did not see it on the plans.

Next up? Get the plans finalized and then off to another hombre who does the costings and we might have the numbers by martes!! Un temprano regalo de Navidad? Hope so!! Stay tuned.

Siesta #2 was happening when I came home from meeting Roman…so Bubba decided he too would take a nap!! And when I awoke…the famila was out for a walk…time to get ready for the PM rutina.

Muslo pollo para la cena and then while Max was having tina time, a nice FT con his abuelos. Nice to see Max show off his skills to his Oma y Opa…making raspberry sounds and showing Opa where his ears and belly are.

And off to bed. How is the health of the familia? Madre seems to be on the mend, padre is a day or two away from being 100% and knock on madera, Max sounds a little better tonight. He has had some coughs during the day and a little runny nose, but his sleep tonight has been waaaay better then anoche. Phew.

Mañana? See how everyone is feeling and then go from there. Maybe a visit to playa Santa Cruz is in the works!! And here’s hoping I get to el gimnasio!!

Not a día for fotos. Lo siento.

Have a great martes.

Marco, Bexico y Max

No comments:

Post a Comment