viernes, el 2 de septiembre de 2011


Hola amigos y Feliz Aniversario to mi amigos D&M…22 años of marriage!! Felicidades!!

What a day!! I was at Nissan for 9am and by 945am when Tony (confirmed it is one N) arrived, Javier had the tanque almost unbolted!! Ja ja ja.

Ok…Javier is a mecanico who is 4 foot nothing, looks 20 years old and probably weighs 50 kilos. Great guy and a super jugador de fútbol rapido!!

But…he has never changed a tanque in a Frontier y he has been a mecanico for 4 years…sin clase…without any formal training!! Hola Mexico!!

So Carlos was keeping an eye on him (thank goodness it wasn’t busy as Carlos is the service manager) and Tony spent 30 minutes giving Javier some pointers before he took off.

Me? I spent 4 hours watching Javier work as well as talking with Carlos and the mecanicos who came over to chat.

While we waited for Javier, we rotated the tires and also discovered I needed un otra amortigua el muelle…a piece of rubber that prevents the rear of the truck from hitting the frame. Another $1100 pesos…arrives lunes.

Four hours of labour…$699 pesos to have the tanque removed, the parts taken off the old tanque and put onto the new tanque and then have that tanque installed. That equates to $57 Cdn…know why I had the work done here?

And what does Javier get paid? $25 pesos/hour. Yikes…$2 Cdn…but still double the minimum wage.

And this is why mañana I am taking the Nissan boys back to Senor Pucks for some chelas…cervezas…beers. My way of saying thanks for all the extra help.

Carlos puts it this way. He is not from Huatulco and has only a few peeps he considers amigos, myself included. Everyone else, including all the jugador on his equipo? Compañeros which translates to peers.

Total bill for tanque, labour and misc parts? Bill was $15,879 pesos but they charged me $13,455 instead…saving me $2400 pesos or almost $200 Cdn. Hello repeat customer!!! Even If I don’t want to be!! Ja ja ja

Off to Pemex to fill’er up con Premium (lleno con premium por favor) and I also threw in some fuel injector cleaner…just in case. I love Pemex…you tell them to fill it up and they ask you if you want to fill it “to the zeros”…round it off. $10 propina and off to the casa.

Late start for el gimnasio…almost 3pm…so I left it to 45 minutes of bike riding and headed home. No walk through town today…but a pit stop for pan, baguette y platanos.

Home for some overcast alberca time and then it was time to organize my computer and such.

Bexico? Hard at work. revisions coming and going for China and she has submitted Australia’s pelicula and is just waiting to hear back if there need to be any revisions to it.

Character design for her 3rd client? They like the design so now it is onto clean up and then coloring. They also just emailed her and asked Bexico to sign an agreement so they can supplier her with more work!! Score!!

La cena? I know you want to know!! Sloppy Joes!! Did I tell you we found a stock of mil isla dressing at Che? I bought all 7 bottles!! Ja ja ja The other brand of 100 Island is horrible (hor-e-blay).

Our pre-Vancouver to do list? Almost all of it is now related to our move from G10 to B10 and we will have it all done by the 13th.

Wow…fin de semana already?

No big plans other then the chelas mañana and Nascar on domingo!! Won’t spoil the surprise of our la cena…anticipation!! But I will share that mañana I am having pan frances para desayunos!!

Ahhh…fotos. Long day at Nissan so not too many…but here they are.

The oficinas at the condo gates.


Ready for Día de Independencia.

I saw this camioneta with a solid reflective tint on it’s drivers window.


And it had some words inscribed in it….but I think only the peeps in the truck would be able to read them? Translation? Nobody loves me like you.

The clima above la montaña.


The lluvia stayed there….phew.

And here come the fotos de animals.





I tell you, there is something wrong with this perro!!


Buen fin de semana amigos.

Marco y Bexico

No comments:

Post a Comment