jueves, el 15 de septiembre

Buenos noches from Del Rio, Texas!! Don’t mess with Texas is their motto…I can see why. Ja ja ja

I am about 4 hours ahead of schedule and that has allowed me to get into the USA early and will make my next 3 days around 10 hours and 1000 km each, vs a few 12 hour days.

How did I get from Querétero to Del Rio so fast?


Holy empty roads and when they had traffic, it was mainly boogeying!! Speed limits are ignored in parts of Mexico and today I managed 1115 km in 12 hours. That includes gas stops, Mexican customs (yes, on exiting you have to de-register your car and get your passport stamped) and then the 30 minute tear down/search of the camioneta at the USA border.

Where you coming from son? And why do you have a brand new gas tank? Ja ja ja

No mordida (bite…bribes) today!! And I even went through 2 Federal checkpoints and 2 militar.

Long day and I am headed to get 8 hours of sleep, after 2 days of 6 hours.

So, a very quick blurb and I promise to tell all the stories when I am back in Vancouver…and will include some more fotos too.

Bexico? She had all of 5 hours sleep in the airport Hilton and then got into Vancouver at noon. Air Canada? No special treatment for pregger peeps…that company needs some customer service training!! Mis padres picked her up and as I type, they are somewhere on Lonsdale in North Vancouver, having la cena.

And don’t forget…mañana is cumpleaños de mi madre!!

Hit the road at 615am and it was chilly!! Even ran into quite a bit (hee x3) of fog…enough to slow down to 120km/hr and throw on the 4 way hazard lights!!

Saw a great sunrise to the east and here is one foto I took.


Crawling around in the dark trying to get fotos…hilarious.

Now this one was taken out of the drivers window…at full speed.


I loved the blue sky against the brown of the montaña..and top it off with an iglesia (church).

And last but not least for today, here is my co-pilot getting some color.


He was feeling a tad pale.

Maybe mañana I will tell the story about Bono and how he dealt with the Policia Federal!!

New plan for mañana. Off at 7am and my stop is in Bernalillo New Mexico, just north of Albuquerque. I am also driving through Roswell…hello UFOs!!

Hasta mañana.

Marco


No comments:

Post a Comment