Day 7 Everett WA to Vancouver BC

Wow…day 7 already?


Hello from North Vancouver!! I arrived into NVan at 5pm…and it is now 1015pm and we have unpacked, played around with some niño stuff, had Hons for dinner and already been to Stupidstore twice (I forgot my status card the first time…saved $11 when I went back…adios HST).

The day?

Took the camioneta into the canopy shop and had a chat with Mike the owner/manager. For $95 US we had two new pistons installed and two new locks. The canopy is as good as new.

While waiting for the work to be completed…hello IHOP!!

Back to the hotel to check out and then 20km up the highway to the Nike outlet. Returned the size 9.5s and they refunded me the $71…plus the tax that I didn’t pay when I bought them and had them sent to Portland…the state with NO sales tax. Score $8 for the good guys.

So I have this $79 credit and what do I do? Spend $175!! Another pair of trainers, 2 shorts, a work out tee and a new headset for the iPod…one Nike model that is supposed to stay on my head. Stay tuned…ja ja ja

And as I leave Nike…hmm? Where is my ring? Oh yeah…20km away at the hotel. Argh. I call them and sure enough they have it and I go BACK 20km and by that time it is 120pm.

You know you are headed north when you see the snow on Mt Baker!!

Popped into Blaine to gas up and almost bought some duty free Crown…but I would have had to go to the truck crossing and I was at the regular crossing. Next time.

Also hit up the Post Office and mailed back the two VHS tapes and am awaiting word on whether they will just credit us or actually send us the DVDs. Their website states they only mail their products to the US of A…I have asked them to make an exception. Stay tuned.

Ten minute wait at the border and then the look of “huh” when I tell the customs agent that I have been away for 8 months. What do I do? Where have I been? Any work on the truck? (oh oh) How much am I bringing back? ($745 on a $750 limit). Ten minutes later…hello Canada!!!

So roughly 6 and a half days and 5772 km later, I was back on native land.

Next on the to-do list….hello ICBC (got you covered LJB!!). First stop they tell me the system is down. Oh oh. Off to the old haunts of New West where I get 3 months of insurance and I am now off to Nissan.

Mike gets his bottle of tequila…I don’t think he believed me that I would bring him the bottle.

Well Mike and the Mechanic (1980’s group…look it up) come out and look and listen and within 30 seconds they say it is the clutch blower/motor or something. New one on Thursday 9am. Add to that the list of oil change, passenger window motor, a few light bulbs, the gas pedal squeak that started 2 days ago and a new “clunk” when going over speed bumps. Ahhhh…it is only money.

Lots of highway work at Hwy 1 and Willingdon…hello illegal u-turn. But I get to NVan and there they are!! Bexico y conejito look great!!

The condo is good. A bit (hee x3) of a weird lay out, and it could have been cleaner, but it will be more then sufficient for 3 months. Geez…I am already thinking about the return trip on Dec 6 or 7.

Stupidstore? A few items for eats…waaaaaay too many items in that store. In Huatulco we have one choice of raspberry jam. Tonight I had to choose between 6 types. Also found a few of the items on our “back to HUX” list were already on sale, so we bought another blue bin and have started filling it.

Bexico? Her oficina is all set up on the dining table and now that she has the big Wacom tablet, brought norte in the camioneta, she will be back to work. The new Mac is sweeeet and is super fast. She has installed some new animation software and is also getting a free 30 day trial on some Photoshop programs.

Work? She has landed one small gig and on Friday she has a Skype with another potential client…lives in the Hamptons…cha-ching!!! Ja ja ja

Mañana? El gimnasio for sure and we have a looooong list of to-dos before niño arrives, so we will knock a few of those items off the list.

Amigos, happy to be back, thrilled to think about becoming a padre for the first time…but overwhelmed with coming from a very simple day to day existence to the hustle and bustle of laid back Vancouver. Who knew?

I owe you a day 2 and 3 blog entry and that will happen maybe mañana. As for the future of the blog? Not sure. Stay tuned.

Marco y Bexico

No comments:

Post a Comment