Thursday September 22, 2011


Howdy all!!

Doph...a late Feliz Cumpleaños to Miss Kahro!!

A WET day in Vancouver. What’s up with that?

I must get out with the camera again. Maybe when we head to Victoria…on the rock. On Saturday we are headed over for quick visit. On the 9am ferry and back on the 7pm…with a pit stop at Pags….our favorite Victoria restaurant.

Our day?

Bexico was housebound as I was out dealing with the truck etc. But she managed another workout and has spent some quality time working on her current animation project. She loves her Mac and we were happy to have her software provider fix a glitch. Good Canadian customer service.

My first stop was Nissan. Went over the  list with Mike and there was no loaner car, so got a lift to the 64 window limo…the Skytrain.

Next stop…The Bay. Grabbed an umbrella (argh) and found a great t-shirt for Arturo, parts manager at Nissan.

Then I rented some wheels because it is tough to get from downtown to where we live and because we still had shopping to do.

I headed downtown to the gym. Wow…what a different experience. I even watch TV while on the cardio machines. Need to sign up for the 2 months as we hope to be in Whistler in diciembre as well as a Seahawks road trip.

Only issue? What’s up with a $50 admin fee? For running my cc? I have asked that they waive it and we will see what happens.

Next stop…hello to the first haircut (by a professional) since January!!! Ja ja ja

And then over to Kits BH to give my amigo Hanif the gears. Tell the world…I like that guy.

Off to Stupid Store again and I can share with you that our list for items to bring back to Huatulco, is almost completed.

I did stop at Crappy Tire but did not buy anything as I was distracted by both the stock market news and by the phone call from Mike at Nissan. Not a cheap day.

Two new leaf springs need to be installed…next week as they come from TO. Where am I…Huatulco? Ja ja ja

A few belts are glazed over and some fluids are also dirty.

Tough call…spend the $$ or just buy some new wheels. It might be one of those times “better the devil you know” as we really do know what has been fixed on the camioneta, and a new one to where we live might not be making any sense.

The plan is that it isn’t good money after bad. With these repairs, we should be good for most of the major components for another 5 plus years.

And then we only need to worry about things like tires and brakes!! Ja ja ja

As for today’s work, here is a blurb on a fan clutch, the major item the tech was working on.


And for you in a hurry, here is a clip of what was in the article that truly related to our experience.

“A fan clutch can also fail in a stuck on position where engine power is lost even when the fan is not necessary. This type of failure can also decrease fuel economy”

So Bexico and I talked about it and approved the work. Everything but the window regulator and the leaf springs will be fixed or changed mañana.

Then it was finally some relaxing time before dinner.

Mañana? Drop Bexico off at the storage locker as she has some sorting to do…hello Goodwill!! I will hit the gym, return the rental and then Skytrain it to Nissan. If Bexico is done before I get back…hello bus #209!! Or else I will pick her up.

Misc TV tidbit….in Huatulco we had 3 canals that showed some programs in English. Here, only 127…but hello!!! Storage Locker Wars? Ice Road Truckers? Ja ja ja

Have a great Friday all.

Bubba y Bexico 

No comments:

Post a Comment