Day 6 The Dalles OR to Everett WA

Hola amigos. Safe and sound in Everett WA. Getting closer!! Mañana it is all about getting the canopy fixed here in Everett, hitting Nike on the way norte, then clearing the border!!

Not sure you are aware, but our canopy, made in BC, was $250 cheaper in Everett. And this was a year ago before the dollar gained strength. The canopy has a broken lock and a piston fell off...should be able to get'er fixed in the morning and then head norte.

Nike? I like to browse in the outlet at Tulalip...and mañana I will have to return a pair of tenis/zapotos that were sent to Nick y Aimee's casa in Portland, but were the incorrect size when taken out of the box!! Argh.

And I have already sent an email to another company that sent us some VHS workout tapes vs DVD. We don't even own a VCR anymore. Love this on line ordering thing.

The day was quite tranquilo. Up at 630am...ugh...and tried to sleep in, but dragged butt out of bed at 7am. Off to Cousins for breakfast...their opening line? Morning cousin. They say this to everyone.

My brekky? Short stack (2 pancakes...each 10 inches in diameter), a sausage patty (delicious) and a biscuit the size of a hamburger. I left one and a half pancakes...could not finish them. All good food though.

From there, I went back to the hotel and finished the blog entry titled Day 1. A good read if you get the time.

Only 2 hours or so to get from The Dalles right to N&A's casa. Had a good meet with them and reviewed all the B10 stuff and then R&H came over and we all caught up.

They had our pile of boxes at the door, all ready to go. Nick seemed happy to get his boards back...he will be putting them to good use in Hawaii.

Off to lunch...hello Widmer Hefe!! And then some chit chat and time to hit the road. I did stop off at Widmer Brothers Brewing. My FAVORITE beer is their Hefe...I love it so much it's bottle cap adorns my body as a tattoo!! ja ja ja Anyway...picked up a t-shirt and a beer mug.

Hefeweizen

Almost 3 hours into Seattle...picked the wrong time...rush hour. I have not seen a rush hour in 8 months!! ja ja ja So I headed d/t and grabbed a bite to eat with mi amigo BC. Beer and NFL? Nope...foofy place!! ja ja ja

Then off to Everett and open all the boxes and get ready for mañana.

No pictures today....lo siento.

Notes from the drive?

-lots of fisherman on the Columbia River

-lots of white caps too...crazy head wind as I was heading west

-drove by Wyeth OR and was curious about the town. Here is some info.

Wyeth, Oregon

-drove by the Bonneville dam. Reminded me of Mactaquac

Mactaquac Dam

-on the way from Portland to Everett, I saw a burnt out car and 2 accidents that had occurred moments before I got to them

And that folks, was a very quiet day on the road.

Bexico? Had a great first appointment with the mid wives and we are set up with our next appointment in 3 weeks. It also sounds like she had a nice lunch with her amiga and spent some time figuring out her new Mac!!

I still owe you a day 2 blog entry, and will finish up with mañana's day 7 entry...and then we will see what happens. Retire the blog?

Hasta mañana amigos.

Marco

No comments:

Post a Comment