sábado, el 15 de febrero de 2014




Hola hola to all you blog readers!!

Remind me to check and see if last night was a full moon. Why else would the lil'man be awake at 445am, and not be able to go back to sleep, even after it took an hour and 20 minutes to get his to sleep last night. Oh Max.

Good news in all that drama? He slept from 820pm until 1230am straight through (raro) and then again from 1am until 445am...in his cuna...like he should be.

Not a pretty pre-video morning. I tried several times to get the lil'guy back asleep...he was tired but just couldn't allow himself to do it.

There were some tears when he realized I was frustrated, and it broke my heart that he tells me "I love you" and then starts sobbing. We had 10 minutes of man hugs and then it was time for leche y videos.

Some super snugs while he watched videos and sang along..."no monkeys jumping on the bed..." as well as continuing his alphabet and calling out "rhombus" while watching the video on shapes.

Tranquilo time at 7am and then we were off to eat our desayunos. No cooking today, but as long as Max has a fry pan and a spatula, a block becomes a huevo and a little wood figure he has becomes the canela. The storage container for his shapes becomes the margarina...and ta da!!

A good prowl, not much to see today, and then home for an attempt at an early siesta...ahhhh no. It did finally happen by 11am, but not before another time out, some more tears and quite a few "I love you Momma".

A good siesta and then the usual afternoon for all of us. Gym and then home for tranquilo time before clean up and cooking la cena, while the familia had their comida and the note they left says they are off to the playa...jumping in the olas I am sure.

So...onto 2 days worth of fotos.

From this mornings prowl...Max was muy feliz to get out of the condo.


Do any of us remember when life was so simple that pointing out palomas was an exciting part of our día?


Max, worried about paloma poo poo.



Ahh, ahh....


...choo!!


¿Como estas? Bien bien!!


Autobus inspector hard at work. Storage...check.


Lock...check.


Brake lights....check.


Post inspection pit stop.


Post pit stop...pit stop?


Test driving another moto...because the Hello Kitty bike was sold!!


Even the parrots at the papeleria get a besito.


And from ayer, check out this steely stare...from the pirate!! Arrrr Captain!!


Tonto Pirate!!





Hmmm...tengo hambre.


Hmmm...chelas belly?


Nope...Max showing off his sexy belly!!


Peep show is over!!


Otra día...otra pit stop.


No sign of el gato...he is back in Pochutla. But there is always time for mas agua!!


As I was at the tienda de fruta y verdura, I ran into the hombre that sells us our fresh cut piña in the mornings. He asked me if I wanted some tepache and when I told him I did not know what it was, everyone looked at me like I was from another planet.

I figured out it was a drink made with piña y canela, but that is as far as I got. I took this foto so I could remember what the bebida was called, and then had my first vaso de tepache.



A slightly fermented and very lightly flavored drink...it would have been great with some rum or tequila! I think he wanted to give it to me for free, but these guys work hard, so I paid my $10 pesos, said gracias with a smile, and then gave the beverage to Silverio when I got to the CP gates.

HERE is what Wikipedia has to say about tepache.

Misc

Saw THIS lil'video on YouTube. Rainy season coming up...buy a Go Pro and maybe Max and I hit the streets in the camioneta verde? Ahhhh....nope.

Ok, time to clean up the joint and then get the chuletas de cerdo going. I will finish this off tonight...while watching some Nascar...score!!

Hasta pronto.

Buenos noches...and as round 1 of bedtime is under way, someone has been lighting off huge "bombas" as they call them. Loud, very loud, fireworks. They shake the windows and keep the lil'man awake. Last time we heard them , we found out it was some dumb-a** CP peeps at the outdoor BBQ. Hey...it isn't NYE or Halloween...we live here.

Moving on...the familia had a great time at playa Santa Cruz and then came home for leche y clean up. The boys cooked la cena together, the chops y arroz, and then we sat down for  tranquilo (phew) dinner.

Max at lots and then after clean up and the dance party, it was off to tina time and the FT con Oma y Opa.

And you are all caught up. I have the race on PVR and post bedtime, you will find me sitting in front of the tube!! Mañana? Might be a familia trip to a playa we haven't been to before. They call it the playa publico in Tangolunda, wedged in between all the resorts. Stay tuned.

Hasta mañana.

Marco, Bexico y Max



No comments:

Post a Comment