viernes, el 27 de septiembre de 2013


Buenos noches mis amigos!!

Super, super cheap beer in Mexico...new cameras...not so much!! I picked up a little Sony unit and found out I paid around $900 pesos more, or almost $80 Cdn, then I would have paid if I bought it at Future Shop in North Van...AND had paid the taxes. Doph.

But no point in grumbling about it...please send all new camera donations care of this blog. Ja ja ja.

Onto the día. A very good night and that makes 3 in a row. No rocking, and Max even woke up once on the bed and fell asleep again due to a little singing from his Poppa.

A 520am wake up, but Bubba managed to squeeze another 25 minutos of sleep, by holding him in my arms. Tougher to do as he approaches 14 kilos.

So at 545am, out comes the leche and then the Mac and we watched some videos. Off to the Party Palace while we wait for el sol to rise, and then it is time for the prowl.

Nice prowl with lots of "hola holas" and many peeps waving from the Coca Cola and Gas Oaxaca camions...all amigos of Max.

Thrilled that Max now grabs our hands before we cross the calle and if you ask him ¿por que?, he will say "cars". As the hombre at Coppel said...super inteligente!! More on that later.

Home for huge desayunos and due to the late return, no tiempo for Che. But instead...hola hola to familia swim!!

Follow that up with leche and a great siesta, and that takes us to almost 2pm again!!

Me? I was given siesta relief (it is a tough gig...lol) at 130pm and got ready for el gimnasio, Fonatur for recycling, Coppel for camera browsing, and ending the afternoon with a Che run. Phew...busy afternoon!!

Max y madre had their comida and were on their way to Playa Chahue and its alberca. But before they could get on the bici for the ride there, Max let it be known that he wanted to push the bici, not ride on it.

Normally this lasts a few minutes and is a short distance. Today it lasted all the way to Che...where he spotted the camioneta verde and wanted to go find his Poppa. How far is Che? A 20 minute walk for adultos and much longer for a lil'man.

Max y madre could not find me in Che...but they found me next door in Coppel!! And it was the best part of my day to be in Coppel, talking cameras with the salesman, when mi hijo comes prowling up to me!! Score!!

Thrilled to show my familia off and after Max put on another of his español demonstrations, this is when the Coppel hombre called Max "super-inteligente"!!

They said hola, gave Poppa an abrazo y besito and were on their way. I managed to buy a camera...and it only took an hour or so.

I took some time to compare what they had available, but then I had to go next door to Che to use their cajero automatico, ATM, to get some cash. Muy caro when paying by cash...muy muy caro if paying by credit card.

After returning, one last look to confirm what I was buying, and then we went to the service counter to look for a camera (huh?). Back to the displays to ask if I wanted to buy a memory card, ahhh no, and then back to the service counter to pay the caja, cashier.

I slide down the counter and give my receipt to an hombre who rummages around and finds my camera. Then we open the box and go through every piece t ensure they are all there. I sign the bill, he stamps it and an hour later, I am out the door.

Big Che run and by the time I am back in the camioneta...I am late!!

Hurry home and get the pollo in the oven, start getting the casa ready for la cena y the PM rutina, and then manage to out away the groceries.

We are a full 30 minutes later then normal for dinner, but Bex kept the lil'man happy and after la cena, we managed to make up the time and actually started bed time, on time. Score.

Not a quick bed time...but no rocking at least. And at 9pm, Max is asleep, Bex is in the oficina and Bubba is trying to get this update posted, so he can watch some News and then hit the sack!!

But before that...the Canon T1i gave me one more tormented day...and it allowed me these fotos. Oh, it wasn't easy, but they were worth the work!!

Max showing off his 2-pack to Ricardo.



Hey...what's this? A finger?


Poppa look, it's Marciano being tonto!!


All the hombres that work at the CP, have seen Max growing up, and treat him very well...including being silly with him.

Off to the construction parking lot next door, where Max starts his inspections.




Llantas and then brake lights.


And with some zip in his step...off we go.


Hit the brakes....there is always time to smell some flowers!!


Yes, there was some sol this morning.


Max was a very determined prowler today. Keep up, or he left you in his dust.


But, he will always stop to make sure he hasn't gotten too far ahead of you.


Pit stop to satisfy some more curiosity.


Zocalo prowl became a hustle to the kiosko when Max spotted a ton of globos, balloons.


Mid-pan, Max gets up off his butt and chases down this cart and helps push it down the calle.


The senora pushing it was concerned that Max was so far from his padre. I assured her it was all a-ok and they prowled a little bit farther before they said adios and I said gracias.

Ok, that was our day. Hoping to have the new camera up and running for mañana...stay tuned!!

Have a great weekend and don't forget the race is on domingo at 1pm Hux time!!

Hasta mañana.

Marco, Bexico y Max

No comments:

Post a Comment