martes, el 4 de junio de 2013



What? Miss a blog entry and not a single email or phone call to see what happened?

You can all take a deep breath, we are all still here in Mexico, alive, and not in jail or something like that!!

Yesterday was one baaaaad day for the blogger. Crappy sleep on Sunday night and I awoke to aching muscles and joints, a killer headache and some nasty fatigue.

I managed to hold it together long enough to get Bex some zzz, but by 1030am, I could hardly keep the ojo abierto.

I snoozed with Max for an hour, but I had such a fever that I was on fire and shivering at the same time.

I moved into our bedroom and stayed there until 3pm, when I came out for a clean up and to say hola to the familia. But that lasted until 515pm or so and it was back to sleep until 9pm.

A quick agua tanque up and back to sleep until 630am. Yikes.

And how am I today? Headache is gone, the ache in my bones and muscles is gone, I have a little more energy, but I have a killer sore throat. Yikes.

I will see how it is mañana and if need be…hola to the Doctor!!

So, sorry there was no update or fotos. But…we have some fotos tonight!!

Before a quick update on today, a big gracias to my partner for taking care of both me and the lil’man over the past few days!!

We are blessed to be able to have both of us available to take care of Max, and sometimes we need both of us. Thus when it is a day solo, you appreciate your partner that much more!!

As for today…I managed to ensure the AM rutina happened, and that included 2 prowls, desayunos and of course, our siesta!!

No energy for el gimnasio, so it was an afternoon of chilling and taking a power nap.

Madre, who has a sore throat of her own, was a trooper and took the ill’man to the playa. And what did she hear the whole way to the playa? On the back of the bici, Max was repeating his newest phrase…”all day long”!!

Huh? During lunch, I gave him some of my hamburger and of course he loved it. I asked him if he was like me, and could eat burgers all day long. His reply was “all day long”, and of course that made Bex and I howl.

Back home, keeping la cena simple and it was Burger martes. Tina time, FT con Oma y Opa and then a small melt down followed by some book reading and bed bouncing.

The Whisperer went in to close the show and with my sore throat, it wasn’t going to be able to produce many verses.

Good thing Max spat out his chupy and started his own singing, before falling asleep in my arms.

So at 915pm, you are all caught up. Max is asleep and Bex is hard at work in the oficina. Me? Time to rummage around for some sore throat meds!!

Wait…fotos?



After saying hola y buenos días to the gardener next door, Max spots someone.


And blows a besito to his madre who is watching from the bedroom window.


I cannot make out what he is yelling...but it sounds like flapjacks?


And one more besito before we hit the road for our 2nd prowl.


Outside the complex and what has curioso Max spotted?


Hola gatito!!


And follow that with a very verbal ah ah for the camioneta verde.


Maybe if I pull my hat down, they will not see me and drive away.


Are they still there?


Doph.


Round 2 of camo mode.


So we see the sidewalk moving. Ok, it wasn't the sidewalk, but it was a million hormigas taking food from a tree and heading down into their colony.

Here is the front door and all the green leaves headed into the hole, are being carried by the hormigas.


The arbol, tree.




Tough to take fotos and keep Max corralled away from the hormigas, but the large tree they were eating from, was over half stripped of leaves. Bizzarro.


Mañana? We will see how the weather and my health play out…stay tuned.

I guess some of you have been waiting for the numbers, so here they are.

Our 2013 mayo looks like it was much cooler then last year. This year we averaged highs of 31,9 grados vs 34,7 and lows of 26.8 vs 28,0. No global warming here.

What can we expect for junio? Last year it was averages of 32,2 y 26,5. And lots of lluvia!!

Ok, have a great miercoles!!

Hasta mañana.

Marco, Bexico y Max


No comments:

Post a Comment