sábado, el 11 de agosto de 2012



From yesterday afternoon...Max the Explorer.

745am and it dawned on me that I might have made a mistake in the blog update, checked it and corrected it.

Well, I guess I too was tired ayer when I wrote the blog update. I thought it was jueves and wished you all a good viernes.

Sorry to confuse you...hoy es sábado!! Wow, where did the week go?

Time to start our día…desayunos for Houdini. Update you all esta noche.

Saludos.


Buenos noches. Let me sure I have my facts straight…it is sábado…check.

I was not the only one confused yesterday as someone had a to-do list made out last night, for today, what they thought was Friday. Doph.

725pm and we have had an hour of torrential downpour. The bodega is soooo poorly built, that when the wind picks up during the rain, it drives it all into the bodega and onto the washer and dryer.

The bodega has only decorative brick as a wall…no windows. But at least it is screened. I was walking back from the bedroom and slipped on this huge puddle that had started forming in the bodega and worked its way into the cocina.

Nothing that a towel and a mop didn’t fix. But who wants to be cleaning up that after the night rutina? Not me…oh well.

So how is Max feeling? His 100 plus novias are all concerned, but they can relax. Max is on the mend and way better then he was last night. Phew.

After he went to sleep, he woke up every 30 minutes or so because he could not breathe. So we made the call and I took him into the spare room, propped some pillows in the corner, and held him upright’ish in my arms until 130am or so.

We both got some sleep and when he needed his early morning leche, madre came and grabbed him and the two of them managed to get some sleep until 530am.

Then it was back to padre and we propped ourselves up and slept until 745am. Holy sleeping in Batman!!

We took the morning rutina slow as I wanted to see how he was doing and what type of energia we were looking at.

He wolfed down his desayunos, had a play in the Palace for a while, and then we bunked down for nap #1.

A good 35 minutes and then we said hola to madre, slinged up and headed out on our adventure walk.

Today’s excitement? Meeting a few new peeps and grabbing the rib eyes for la cena de domingo!! I think the prices are higher then they were, but two 500 gram rib eyes for $10.50 CDN is still a great deal.

I was thinking about the meat dept at Costco and it reminded me of the story I watched last night on Global. Some peeps in Bellingham WA are tired of the Costco line ups created by the Canadian milk and cheese heads. I guess no other Costco in America sells more milk then the one in Bellingham. Hilarious.

And the other exciting buzz all around town…and Mexico? The Mexican futbol team won the gold medal at the Olímpicos. We heard the cheers 30 seconds into the match and we saw all the smiles around town after the game was over.

How to make sure you fit in on a día like today? Make sure you know how to say congratulations and “los Mexicanos ganaron la medalla de oro!!!”. I brushed up on the phrase and used it a dozen times today.

The rest of the día has been tranquilo…until the cloud burst occurred.

Max y madre had their walk and had plenty of play time together. I think the day passed without a new toy being bought for Max? Oh the shame of it…ja ja ja!!

I hit el gimnasio and struck out at Che…no real milk. Maybe mañana o lunes.

And before the clouds rolled in at 430pm, I hit the pool and actually got a little more sun in!!

Chuletas de cerdo con arroz y papas…a good dinner. The rutina went off smoothly and knock on wood…Max will be asleep when I go in at 8pm!!
        
Mañana? Shower in the forecast at Watkins Glen, site of the race. Maybe a delay…stay tuned. Here? Tranquilo domingo!!


Have a great domingo.

Marco, Bexico y Max

No comments:

Post a Comment