jueves, el 23 de agosto de 2012



Buenos noches!!

Ayer he was standing on his own, today Max is reading books in his spare time!!


Padre...Zoe has boobies!!


As well…we caught the guy doing circles in his JJ. It was head spinning to watch…so we called up mi hermana to watch it via FT. Hilarious!! He is almost at the end of his JJ days and not because he has passed the 25 lb limit. He is now going horizontal with the thing…vertical is passé!! Ja ja ja

How was Inmigracion? Well I was very happy that the senoritas that work there took care of Max while I tried to figure out what the jefa (female boss) needed.

The ley…law…is that you need to show a one deposit a month into your bank account, for a minimum of $1300 US. I guess the first 2 years we had money in and out and it looked enough like deposits that INM accepted it.

Not this year. Doph. I had brought the lap top with screen shots of all the cuentas, accounts, as well as the inversion, investments. They said we had enough $$, but no monthly deposits.

So I ask if I need to apply for a different form of immigration status and it was finally decided that we could add a paragraph to our “request” letter and that is what we did.

The super friendly agent took the time to write out what was needed to be added, and then confirmed I understood the palabras de español. Lucky for me that I did and later today I made the changes and will return on lunes with the new documents.

What did I have to add to the document?

TENGO UNA CANTIDAD SUFICIENTE PARA VIVIR EN MEXICO. NO TENGO DEPOSITOS CADA MES PORQUE YO HAGO MIS TRANSFERENCIAS DE UNA CUENTA A OTRA DE ACUERDO A MIS NECESIDADES, PERO TENGO MUCHO DINERO INVERTIDO Y VIVO DE ELLO.

Translation…I have enough $$ to live in Mexico, but I do not have monthly deposits. When I need $$, I transfer it from one account to another. I have a lot of money invested so I can live here.

Stay tuned.

Talking about translations…my new nombre is Maestro Marco!! I talked with Un Ojo Bob and cleared everything up. I told him I was no teacher, didn’t want to be a teacher and had no time to be a teacher. But…once a week I would help his daughter with her ingles.

Did I mention my worst subject in high school? English. Doph.

So, this senorita speaks no ingles except for the numbers 1 thru 10. We are starting at square one and I have asked her to write out 10 palabras y 10 frases en español, and I will translate them and then we will get together and practice the pronunciation.

Her goal is not to be able to read and write ingles (yet), but to be able to speak with tourists and get a job in a tienda that serves said tourists.

Bob asked me where we were going to have this once a week lesson. Good question Bob.

Bob’s business is conducted from the back of a pick up truck and he parks it in the same spot every day. Across from where he parks, is a tienda de paletas and they have some chairs and tables. We will meet there for clase.

Bob asked how much I would charge and I told him that since we were amigos, my time was gratis. I am sure if his hija does well, we will have as many coco frios as we have ever dreamed about.

Exciting times…stay tuned.

News flash…we have new neighbors below us. The Canadian couple moved into a house somewhere in town, then a familia from DF were there for a month…LOUD music…and they liked it so much, they bought a unit in another building.

Then there were some men who stayed there for a week, and now we have a familia.

Why do I mention the new neighbors? Yup…humo…smoke. I guess the padre smokes in the casa, around dos niños…yikes. The humo goes out his windows and into ours…doph.

So madre went down, asked to borrow a cup of azucar…naaaah. But she did go down to ask how long they were staying for (maybe un año) and talked about the smoking.

The hombre understood and said he would try to keep his smoking to the bodega. So our laundry room will stink, but at least we can close that door and keep it out of the recamara, cocina y sala.

Did we mention that Mojon will be a non-smoking property? Except for the odd Romeo y Julieta puro…cigar!!

Ok…the rest of our día? We finally made it to the alberca as a familia…Max was dunked and shook it off like it was old news. He still laughs when he watches us take a pool shower. The niño is hilarious.

Madre spent most of the day with him and the two of them had a nice long siesta and also had some JJ time.

And what did I find when I came home from el gimnasio?



Hello to the post comida (lunch) rutina!! Max is allowed to “discover” his food at lunch and then madre hoses him down before moving on to the next activity.

For the night rutina we use a big blue Rubbermaid tote…I am sure both of them are looking forward to a real tina when they are visiting Ontario!!

Madre is super busy with work and has picked up an new client based in Australia. The project is an animation, a 30 hour project at Bex’s new rate…cha-ching!! Felicidades!!

Rest of the fotos.

Just when you think you have put your laptop far enough on the banco (means bank AND bench).






El niño LOVES the Mac!!

This foto will inspire Bex to get back to Mojon soon!!


Talking about Mojon, Roman emailed me and Sergio is back in town so we should have final prices mid next week. Stay tuned.

Not sure if there is a celebration occurring, but this hombre is prepared con mucho globos.


Mañana? Not sure yet. I think the pre-fin de semana Che run, el gimnasio, some translating for mi estudiante and hanging out with our super silly hijo!!

Have a great viernes.

Marco, Bexico y Max

No comments:

Post a Comment