lunes, el 28 de febrero de 2011



Hola amigos. Happy lunes to all of you!!

Excitement for the dia? A treblor while we were floating in the alberca!! It was a fairly large one…we felt it and also saw the reflections in the condo windows move. As for the other pool peeps…it is a wonder what some rum and/or cervezas will do. No one else felt a thing and had no idea about the treblor until someone came down from their condo to see if his espousa was ok!! Ja ja ja

As for the rest of our day…

El gimnasio despues desayunos and here are mi fotos.

The bici hombre.


The bike guy who sharpens knives.

And this artista.


He was busy painting up a new moto for Imperial Pollo.

Just an hombre who wants to teach the World to sing…in perfect harmony….


On the way home from el gimnasio, I saw what looked like a couple setting up their stand in front of their casa.


Coco, papaya and that ever present jar of coco juice.

I have mentioned this hombre before.


Here he is busy keeping “the parque” clean. This park is where you can go sit and chill-ax if you have had a few bevies too many.

All you need is a crate to open up shop.


These mangoes came from a stand in the mercado público.


I took this foto looking east from the jewelry store.


Lalo tells me he did a summer of roofing during the H1N1 crisis as there were no tourists for his business. The pay in the 40 grado heat? $200 pesos a day…around $18n Cdn.

Lalo’s papa (as he calls him) is in town from Acapulco for the next few meses. He is working in the jewelry shop gatito (kitty) corner to the one Lalo works in.


This is Lalo’s padre talking with the hombre that has converted his verde carro into the coco-mobile!!

Do you think Lalo looks like his padre?


Lalo told me he LOVES this shirt.


Remind me to ask his papa where Lalo got his fashion sense from!! Ja ja ja

As for el jimnasio…great workout and even better when I have someone to talk to while I am pounding out my cardio on the bici.

Mi amigo Mario arrived and in short order, I found out where he lives (Copalita) and that his family owns 10 lotes at Mojon. I have a foto of our lote on my iPod and I showed it to him. Small world eh?

Also chatted up Rosa and then Memo too when he came in. And last but not least…Francisco dos when he arrived. Hablamos negocios de restaurante…restaurant business. It is the same here as in Canada…sales, sales and sales. Labour is not an issue down here…at $8 Cdn per day.

He liked my comments and is excited as the jefe (boss) has brought in an Italian chef to help re-do the menu and train the in-house chef.

Antes el gimnasio, I passed Daniel and gave him the 2nd and 3rd coupon we had pulled out of a bolsa de chips. I had given hom the first coupon ayer. The coupon states Felicidades and then tells you what you won.

With the first coupon he won a bolsa of cacahuates…peanuts. The other two coupons? Some sort of hot sauce. Hey…I am sure he can use it on something!!

Funny thing was that as I gave him the coupons, and otra hombre showed up and stood right next to Daniel and watched as I gave him the coupons. Daniel appreciated the cacahuates…maybe he dished off the hot sauce!! Ja ja ja

Despues el gimnasio, I walked through town…said hola to the boys and then took my USB key into the foto shop so I could get the fotos printed for Elder. The hombre in the shop was confused as he thought the fotos were the same. I pointed out the chicas and then told him one foto was for Elder’s madre!! He laughed.

Also saw a waterproof camera for some $4000 pesos…will do some research on it and see how much future Shop would charge for the same.

Went to the ATM while waiting…dólar is still on a tear, and then back to the boys for some laughs. As I was chatting with them, I witnessed an accidente. A car pulled out from the left curb and did not do a shoulder check and drove into a moto (scooter) with a mujer driving it.

The scooter and driver went flying and I ran over to see if she needed help. I was beaten to the scene by some tienda workers, the gal glared at the driver and then got on her scooter and drove off.

Lalo said that when accidents like that happen, most often the person who is hit, just drives off because they are embarrassed. It isn’t until later that they realize they are hurt or have significant damage to their moto. Strange. But the drivers here are on the loco side. Not sure what it takes to acquire a license here.

Picked up the fotos and then some sandia before returning home for alberca y treblor tiempo!!

We needed a Che run so we drove and also paid our Telmex bill at their ATM. $600 bill, put in $1000 and then the machine stated something in español on the screen. I took a chance and hit the top button and $300 pesos were returned to me. I guess the machine was telling me that it was only able to give me $300 pesos back and that it would credit my cuenta (account) the other $100. All good…but different!!

Che was Che…but we did buy some candles in case we ever have a power outage during the night.

Great cena…one burger each and some papas fritas too!! Bexico ensured we were healthy by whipping up some ensalada mixta as well.

Mañana…we are hanging around the condo and will be hitting Mojon on miercoles.

As for meal planning…steak fajitas mañana and skinless muslos de pollo (thighs) para el miercoles.

Hope you enjoyed the update.

Saludos.







No comments:

Post a Comment