domingo, 13 de febrero de 2011

Blog post #170 and counting....

1015pm and I am realizing I am behind on tareas (homework) and I haven't written or posted a blog. Welcome to my life in Mexico!!

Great day today!! Desayunos was the hash con cerdo y huevos...spicy stuff!! No hashbrowns here...chopped up papas frances works out a-ok!!

We have MacGuyver'd the agua caliente issue. Just turn on the tap AND turn on the washing machine for 1 second, and the heater fires up. ¿Porque? No sé. I don't know. It is all pressure related and it seems when the washer draws on the hot water, it fires the heater. No more frio showers para mi novia!!

Para vs por...both mean "for". Hmmmm? Ser vs estar...both mean "to be". Hmmmmm? Things I am learning as I continue mi clase de español!!

We saw Hector (silent H...ja ja ja) sweeping the walk this morning, so i ran out and gave him the pan de platano. I told him "mi novia esta al horno el pan de plátanos" and he had no idea what pan de plátanos was. I told him it had plátanos, azucar, harina and vanila in it and he took one bite, quickly followed by finishing off the piece!! He said gracias and I left him be...otra satisfied customer!!

Mojon...make me laugh as we drive through the militar checkpoint at Copalita, only to be waved through as all the soldiers are eating paletas (popsicles)!! I am not disparaging the militar as they do a great job there...but it was funny to see!!

Mucho viento at the playa....wow was it windy!! Huge white caps and the sand was a blowing too. Not good waves for surfing, but we managed to get some great boogie board rides in!! The amigo who gave us the board actually emailed us anoche. He's currently in Colorado...nursing some frostbite!! Brrrr....get better JP!!

As it was so windy, it did not feel hot, so I poured on some extra lotion (just for you RJ) and sat in the sun doing my tareas...homework.

The q-cards are working wonders. I have written a sentence on each card, along with the verbo, so know I know not only a sentence with the first person conjugation of the verbo, I know what the verbo means.

Example...

The card has the verbo Venir written on it. Below the verbo I have written the sentence "vengo á la clase con mi libro".  I come to class with my book. Simple...100 more verbos to go.

Then tonite I added more to the cards as there are currently 5 present tense conjugations I need to learn.
Too complicated to explain, but I have written 1-5 on the card and have coded them so I can remember them better. It has worked...but now I will need to memorize more...or just carry the cards with me where ever I go!! ja ja ja

We hung at Mojon until 5pm, waving and saying hola to the many peeps who seem to be walking both the beach and the roads. Where they are from and are staying...no sé.

Had the WMD/drogas (weapons mass destruction/drugs) sensor inspection as we came home but then were on our way. The inspection? They have this hand held sensor and walk up and down the side of the car.

As we were leaving, and you must realize this checkpoint seems to be in the middle of nowhere (but next to a small village), an hombre pushing a paleta cart rolls up to the militar. I pointed this out to our soldier and told him the fresa (strawberry) ones were bueno and he laughed as we drove away. Making amigos with guys holding M16 machine guns!!

Quick dip in the pool to rid ourselves of salt and sand and then it was tiempo por la cena in between a Magicjack call to wish Bexico's niece a feliz cumpleanos and then an iChat with her madre at 7pm.

Hamburguesa domingo...so good and we are currently using Heinz ketchup and French's mostaza so these burgers taste as good if not better then ones I made in Van!! I bought two bottles of the Heinz...and now Che is out!! French's? I have mi tienda secreta!!

Mañana? Topografic hombre at 9am, clase de español at 11am, and then tough it out at the gimnasio in the heat!! I also have more tareas to do. The studying is over, but now I have to fill out a worksheet!! In the morning...I guess!!

As for the heat, ayer we had a high of 33,6 grados and hoy with all the viento, only a 32,8!! ja ja ja. Ahora (now)? 27,3 grados.

Gotta go...duermo (I sleep)...from the verbo dormir.

Have a great week!!

Hasta luego.

Marco y Bexico

No comments:

Post a Comment