martes, el 17 de abril de 2012


Buenos noches!!

Sitting in the hotel lobby as the wi-fi signal in the room is poo poo!!

Back from la cena…when in Oaxaca, do not eat here.


You figure with a name like The House of the Grandmother, it would have promise. But, it had so so food, so so service…but a great balcony over the zocalo.

Rest of the day…

Up at 8am or so and then off for desayunos. Same place Bexico and I went to several times. Great baked goods with breakfast…they plop them on your table, you scarf them down and then find a $25 peso charge on the bill!! Ja ja ja

At least they are good baked goods.

Must learn to ask more questions. I wanted 3 chorizo links WITH my pan frances…they gave me pan frances wrapped around ground chorizo. Yech. Oh well.

Spent the morning north of the hotel…lots of exploring art stores etc. Then back to the hotel for relax time, followed by some lunch and then some mercado exploring.

Back to the hotel and the decision was for me to try to get back to the zocalo for a FT with Max y madre and that mis padres would join at 630pm.

At 5pm the thunder rolled in and then the downpour started just as I got to the zocalo to try the FT.

While it was POURING…I hung out with a hombre and his hija and we chatted it up until 525pm and then I went to the same restaurante as last night, sat at a covered mesa and logged in and TA DA!! I had a GREAT FT with mi familia and I was being watched by 6 tables as I chatted up Max and said hola to Bex.

And then dos mesero came up behind me to watch Max on the screen. One was the same mesero as last night…an hombre who has a 3 month old, works at the restaurante AND goes to escuela to become an engineer!!

So I am over the moon!!! I sent mis padres an email to see what they want to do with this rain delay. We were headed to a restaurante close to our hotel, and then changed the plan to eat la cena in a restaurante overlooking the zocalo…but that mans they might have to walk in the lluvia…sin paraguas….umbrella.

I will see if mi padre is checking his email…stay tuned!! 

UPDATE

They did email…they borrowed an umbrella!!

But now I have a new problem…$$ from the ATM. Argh…I tried to get some $$ and the ATM said it could not read my card. But…TD shows me making 2 withdrawals. I have asked Bex to give them a call via the MJ….stay tuned.

You know about dinner, so you are all caught up.

Mañana looks like Monte Alban and then Walmart!!

Click HERE if you want to read about Monte Alban.

Misc...

Mexico has it all!! Click HERE for an interesting article.

The hotel is clean and good value. As for sleeping…the street below our balconies is a little louder then I recall. Doph….I didn’t think about mis padres in this regard but they say they are fine.

Put in the new MacBook battery…works like a charm!!

Have a great miercoles.

Marco

No comments:

Post a Comment