lunes, el 16 de abril de 2012


Wow…we made it to Oaxaca!! Looooong day that started with the late night due to wanting to get that GREAT foto of Max on the blog!! Wasn’t that a keeper?

Here it is again in case you missed it.


As for the day…I awoke at 5am to feel mi lil’hijo next to me in bed. He squirmed his way across and was nuzzling next to his padre!! Latest change in Max? He wants to sleep on his belly.

That makes us a bit (heex4) nervous, but all the books say that once your niño can roll over, good luck on getting them to sleep on their back if they want to sleep on their tummy!!

So we keep dos ojos on him and all is groovy.

I was up at 6am and we left the house at 720am…right on schedule!! Ja ja ja

The route is sloooow and after 4.5 hours, we were out of the mountains and only had 2 hours to go until Oaxaca!! Not bad for a 300km trip…doph.

Great comida at the same restaurante in San Martin Tilcajete, and mis padres picked up a few alebrijes. One for $300 pesos turned into 2 for $500. Score!!

HERE is a great read about San Martin Tilcajete.
  
And click HERE to read about alebrijes.

From there it was onto the black pottery of San Bartolo

HERE is more on San Bartolo and HERE is more on the pottery.
  
Then it was into Oaxaca, where I missed the turn but still managed to get us to the same hotel Bex and I stayed in during our visit here.

Must remember for next time…the internet sucks in this hotel!!! I was SOOOOO hoping for a 530pm FT with mi hijo prior to the rutina…but all we could do was bat some emails back and forth and then I had the front desk guy call mi casa so I could say hola to Bex and good night to Max.

Not ashamed to say I miss them both so much!! Did I show you the Master Max hot tub foto? Oh Bubba!!

Anyway…no blog fotos until I return to Huatulco, unless I can find a good wi-fi site. Doph.

645pm and we are almost getting ready to head out para la cena.

Have a great martes!!

UPDATE


10pm and happy to announce that la cena in the zocalo was great!! While in the zocalo, I managed a FT with Bex, and then again once back at the hotel. Mañana the goal is to see mi hijo!!


Max had a tough time falling sleeping tonight...too much tnt...toss n'turn and it could be because he is in the big bed, the same place we are silly with him and/or read books...thus he doesn't look at it as a bed anymore. Or...he just misses his padre?


Madre is a trooper and has a new plan for mañana!!

Marco

No comments:

Post a Comment