lunes, 31 de enero de 2011


Hola amigos.

A good day in paradise.

It started with an otra clase de espanol…more verbos and conjugating. We see progress every class we go to, it is a matter of remembering what we learned ayer, and adding what we learned hoy.

Nuevo palabra y frase…

“platano macho” is a plantain
the verbo “pensar” is to think
“dificil” is difficult (ja ja ja)
and for the boys at the shop…”como es el negocio de hoy?”…how is business today?

Clase ran late and then it was home and get ready for my walk to the gimnasio.

Here are the photos from my walk.

A sign outside a restaurante.


I have not eaten any of these meals, but the place is normally busy. I would go for the costillas, which are ribs, but will avoid the pancita until I know more. I think it is something made with stuffed sheep's stomach. Ayer it was cerdo brains, today it is sheep's stomach.

Some colorful wash.


Mi amigo Daniel taking his break.


Daniel with a slight grin on his face (before he sees me)


And then the serious Mexican face. Note the home made broom.


Everyone contributes to the family income. This senora was selling a beverage as well as cutting and selling fresh fruit that was in her crate.


Here she is again, I just liked the expression on her face.


And from the “wfsitbott” (what’s for sale in the back of this truck) series...


Gotta be honest…I don’t know what he is trying to sell. Ja ja ja

And an otro hard working hombre (hidden).


He is set up on a traffic island selling his fresh juices…and maybe the naranjas as well.

And last but not least…something you RARELY see here!!


Helmets and less then 4 people on the scooter!! Ja ja ja

And then onto the gimnasio.

Feliz cumpleanos to Rosa!! I gave her a card and a bag of M&Ms and she was happy to receive them. As I was leaving the gym, an hombre was coming in to work out. He said hola to Rosa and I told him it was her cumpleanos. He went to give her a hug and she shot me the “don’t be telling people it is my birthday” look.

I then told the hombre that she was veintiuno ano…otro vez (21 years old...again) and then we all laughed.

It was a quick walk home via the zocalo (town square), including a check in on the boys. We avoid the store when we see they have customers, and today was one of those days. Good for them…el negocio es buneo!!

Very warm day, but overcast morning, and then it turned into a day of cloudy periods. Didn’t have any effect on our alberca time!!

Despues the alberca, Bexico went back to work on her many leads and projects and I chilled. I also managed to have a nice iChat with mi madre y padre. All is good in Victoria.

La cena? No cerdo brains but cerdo brochettes con papas.

Mañana? Clase de espanol y the gimnasio. Mojon again on miercoles (I found out today that days of the week are NOT capitalized).

You are up to date!!

Haste luego!!

Marcos y Bexico

No comments:

Post a Comment