Lunes, 24 de enero de 2011

Buenos Noches...and welcome to blog (or blog-spot if you prefer) posting numero 150!!

And if someone can tell me how to get a squiggly line above my n's, you will all be able to pronounce manana correctly.

It has been a very good day...I am almost fluent in Espanol, or at least in the verb hablar (to speak). More on that later.

We both got up, had some desayunos and then headed out to meet with Sue, the maestra de Espanol (Spanish teacher). She is the expert...and put us into what she calls Beginners II...like I said, she is the expert and who am I to argue...even if I don't know my numbers past 30 (or the alphabet).

Anywho...class is a group of 8 peeps including the two that manage Senor Pucks. Sue and one student are Americanos and the rest are Canadiense.

Class started semana pasada, but we were away. We played catch up prior to the class starting and then went straight into the new lessons. Bexico has a GREAT grasp of verbs and conjugation, while I am the man who knows a bunch of words and strings them together for a sentence, let alone a conversation.

Sue is a good teacher, reads faces well and knows when we don't get it...hello Devo to you MS peeps reading the blog. She also only speaks Espanol, so that helps too.

We practiced a few preguntas y respuestas (questions and answers) and really zeroed in on proper use of the subject pronouns. Oh this is the part that got me excited...not.

By passing the rest of the day for a moment, that leads us back to what we have been doing for the past hour or so. Starting a lil'book with all the verbs that end in "ar", "ir" and "er".

Oh, don't stop there. Then I chose hablar to use as my example of conjugation.

Yo hablo (I)
Tu hablas (You)
El habla (He)
Ella habla (She)
Usted habla (You...formal)
Nosotros hablamos (We...if a man is included)
Nosotras hablamos (We...if it is all mujer)
Ellos hablan (They...if a man is included)
Ellas hablan (They...if it is all mujer)
Ustedes hablan (They...formal)

Bexico who studied all of her schooling in Frances, grasps this quite easily. Give me some more algebra and then we'll talk!! ja ja ja

And next up...practicing my numeros, alphabet as well as the other two types of verbs. This ain't no holiday down here!!!

Our class schedule? Lunes, Martes y Jueves from 11am-1215pm. So manana? School and then gimnasio.

Hoy?

After school, we went to Che and did a quick pick up...the pollo we bought on Viernes was a touch p-u...so we tossed it and bought new product for la cena.

Then I drove the truck to the gimnasio as time was ticking away and I also wanted to get the truck washed. I went back to the same spot as last time and the boys recognized me. No need to barter the price as it was set last time...$60 pesos for the exterior solo...roughly $5 for dos hombres to hand wash and dry the car...all done in 25 minutos.

The car wash is 1 minute from the gim, so I started my workout and picked the truck up despues the 25 minutos. Great job equaled $20 propina.

Finished my workout and was thrilled to observe Rosa looking at the Canada libro I had brought her from Van. She was also taking some notes, stopping only when one of the regulars asked her what she was doing and she showed him the book. I know this hombre and was excited that he then took 5 minutes to browse and look at the great pictures.

Spreading the story and facts about Canada, one Mexican at a time!!

I still have sore ribs and chest from snowboarding, but did my best. When I was done, I chatted up Rosa and she showed me that she had copied EVERY word down from the introduction of the book and was in the process of translating 3 loose leaf pages. I asked if she had any pregunta and she said not yet.

She was excited that we are learning the proper Espanol as that only makes us more a part of the community.

Alberca time when we came home. Our senior neighbor downstairs has taken a shine to me...he actually says hello and has invited us to join the "group" on a fishing expedition in February. Not sure we will attend, but it was nice to be offered.

To give you an idea about what some of the peeps at the pool are like...they own condos here and I overhear them say that they cannot understand when some people speak Mexican to them. Hello...it is Espanol. Do they speak Canadian where you come from? ja ja ja

Despues the alberca, had a chico salad and then did a walk. We have not done one of those for a while...back into the routine. Hey, guess what? Not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 movies at the theatre are in Ingles. Hello 2 for 1 Miercoles!! And soon...no need for Ingles movies.

Not sure what we will see...there is one with De Niro and the other has Russel Crowe.

Picked up some french stick for our o&v dippings and then said holahola to Pepe and then we spent some time talking in Espanol with Daniel. He speaks very good Ingles, but is more comfortable in Espanol, which works out well for us.

They now have a new computer (never had one before) and the internet at Gabriels, so you know the boys are playing on that. Both computers and internet are not common items for all Mexicans...but most of them do own cell phones. a few days ago I smiled as I watched a 8 year old nino showing someone how to use the computer at Gabriels.

Veggie pick up and then home for la cena and homework.

You are all caught up. Hopefully some photos for manana, as I too prefer to show you Huatulco vs just write about it.

Until manana.

Hasta luego.

No comments:

Post a Comment