Martes, 25 de enero de 2011 UPDATED

UPDATED


Ok...it is 1025pm and I am pooped..not sure why. Here are the photos from today and mañana (dig the squiggly thing?...grassy ass padre y Le Streb) I will update the stories that go along with them. Ok? Please check back!!

saludos

This photo is looking up Carrizal. These are tamarind trees and the color of the "seed" is the same color as the uniform of the transit cops...thus they are called Tamarindos (not to their face I am told).



This is from Imperial Pollo, across the street from the condo. There have been many complaints about the smoke, and it seems they are adding another 2 feet to the stack.


And these are the delivery scooters from Imperial. They leave the seats up so they do not get hot from the sun.


I just like the looks of this hombre cycling around town.


Just a guy walking through the industrial section of La Crucecita...while carrying a door.


These next photos come from the "auto repair" section of town. A lot of the work is done right on the street. Not sure what parts we are waiting for here.


And this is more typical of a garage. Someones front yard.



As for our Martes, it started with an otra clas de Espanol. More verbos and some vocabulary too. Cabbage is col, zanahoria (silent H) is carrot, berenjena is eggplant, trocitode de limon is a slice of lime etc.

I have gotten by using my words and knowing many verbs, but now finding out I should have been saying hablo (I) vs hablas (tu) etc explains some of the looks I received. I suspect most Mexicanos understood I was using the correct verbo, just not the correct conjugation. Honestly, not my favorito by ANY means, but muy importante.

Hit the gimnasio (the g sounds like h) and asked Rosa if she had any pregunta regarding her translating of the Canada libro. She did have a few....wildlife, bestowed, endowed (ja ja ja) and then we reviewed some pictures. Eskimo is eskimal (or eskiman) and when it came to polar bear, she stopped, looked at me and then said "Coca cola". She knows polar bears because of the Coca cola commercial during Navidad. ja ja ja.

Of course it was alberca time after the gimnasio and then we did a quick walk around town before la cena...burritos for yours truly. 

We did pick up two of these...


Rosa did not know what the proper name is, but I went back to the store that only had chico ones, and wrote down the name....bandola mosqueton (bandola caribiner). Rosa called it a gancho (hook).

Why we bought these? Tell you in Miercole's blog update.

Hasta luego.

No comments:

Post a Comment