Sabado Octubre 30, 2010 #2



Buenos Noches!! Here is the Sabado update for the Bex and Bubba Mexican Adventure blog!!

This morning I took these photos on the way to Blue.


Dia de muerto is coming up and the streets were a buzz with people selling flowers, candles and comidas for people to buy and use when they honor and remember people in their families who have passed on. Tonite we saw many more orange flowers and lots of naranje or possibly mandarin oranges for sale. There is definitely some custom behind this. 



As mentioned in a previous blog, the food, candles and flowers will be left on graves or around the alters people have set up in their homes.

I have struggled to find out the real meaning of Dia de Muertos as it really isn’t Halloween. One explanation was that kids will be walking around in costume on October 31 looking for peso coins or candy. The other explanation is that November 1 the young kids will go out and then on November 2 the grande (older not larger) kids will go out.

Our calendar states November 2 as Dia de Muertos and Gimeli said that banks etc are actually closed on that day. We will find out and get back to you. We did see a poster for a “dress your pet up” event and might try and find it manana.

And to add to the confusion, I was told and have confirmed with another source, that the clocks here in Huatulco fall back esta noche (tonight), not next week. Oh well. But it does effect alberca time as today the complete alberca was in shade at 5pm, and that means manana it will be 4pm…2pm is the new pool time!!

After my blog update this morning and pounding off a few emails, I hit up Lalo on the way back to the condo. He wants me to review a second website for the jewelry store and we also caught up on the ac remote etc. Now that we know where to buy these remotes, he will tell anyone that is looking for one, to get a hold of me, I will then buy them and split the $100 peso profit with the boys at the shop. Welcome to business 101 in Mexico.

Here is a little something Lalo has at the store and brings out every now and then. It makes Bexico howl with laughter.



Came home and Bexico was already gone…off to the internet and to buy some veggies. I went to the gym…not much to see on the route today, but here is your taxi photo!!


Arrocito is the small community 5 minutes away from Super Che. Our landlords Rick and Heidi have a house there. Nice community and some sweeeet houses with ocean views.

Gym was good…pretty empty as most Sabados have been. Logan, Gimeli’s hijo was there and he seems to like hanging with me. Ayer, I saw them at Che and he ran up to give me a high five.

I rode the bike and he tried to ride the one next to me. He is 5 or 6 so he isn’t that big, but wanted to try and keep up with me. Lol  He is a good person to talk to because he does not speak Ingles (except the numbers 1 to 5), but it really makes you realize your skill level when you cannot keep up with a 6 year olds Espanol.

He knows I do not speak a lot of Espanol, but he looks at me strangely when I tell him I did not understand a sentence he has just spoken. It is probably a simple sentence, but he says it fast and I cannot pick up or do not understand the words yet.

Our conversations are wide ranging and sometimes include only a few words. Today we talked about hamburgers, french fries, escolar (school) as well as being tener after riding the bike and needing agua. He went downstairs to pick up his naranja (orange) Gatorade.

Walked home and then we hit the alberca for our float. And that takes us up to now, 7pm and time for la cena..hamburguesa y con queso por Bexico!!

Hasta luego.

915pm...sitting on the curb updating and posting the blog. We will then have some romantica time as we take a walk around the zoloco!!

Until manana,

saludos

No comments:

Post a Comment