Jueves Octubre 28, 2010 #2

Buenos Dias. It is Jueves Octubre 28…Lalo’s birthday!!

Got an email from one of the hosts of the tv show Secord and Siskel. His review of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo was that it was a very good movie. He makes an interesting point though, how will a Swedish movie with Ingles sub titles play in Mexico? Lol

I posted mi blog from ayer (yesterday) and then went to the INM website (www.inm.gob.mx/solicitudes-web/seguimiento-tramite.html)
to check on the status of our Forma de No Immigrantes. The last entry on the website states: “favor de presentorse a una oficina de INM”. I think this is a good thing…or else something is missing from the 100’s of pages of info we gave. Doph.

Also sent the email to Salina Cruz looking for the ac remote. Google translte works well here…something my snow boarding compadre seems to have discovered. He tells me about 30cm of freshie up at Whistler!! Will be buying a 3 day Edge Pass before the November 22 cut off for the pre season discount. Going from living in Vancouver and vacationing in Mexcio, to living in Mexico and vacationing in Vancouver…we are not complaining. Maybe we will bump into Randy Quaid and his newly anointed Canadian wife? lol

Bexico was up before the roosters today. She walked down Blvd Chahue and went to yoga. I picked her up and she told me she had enjoyed the class. A nice teacher, a good group of students and Bex signed up for Tuesday’s and Thursday’s for the next month!!

Some breakfast and then off to gym. Hope Roman comes by today, either way I am meeting him at 7pm tonight to discuss Mojon.

Hasta luego.

Welcome back!!


Today’s taxi comes from Benito Juarez. I need to do some research on this as I do not know where or what this is…sorry to be unprepared.

We were on our way to look at the chest of drawers for sale, when Roman came by. He gave the conduit a shot with his cable tool but no luck. We discussed options and he suggests that if his electrician cannot fix it, that we get Telmex to install an exterior line.

It is 5pm and Roman and his guy should be here soon and we will have an answer. If it is a no-go, we will head to Telmex manana and see if we can communicate to them what we need, get a work order opened, and if need be, pay for the installation. The good news is that we have the installers cell number and also that we will be reimbursed by our landlords.

After Roman left, we did the walk and stopped off first at the larger truck and their wood work (blogged about this guy a few weeks back). They quoted Bex $1000 pesos for a chest of drawers and $1200 for some shelves. We continued onto where Fahostino was ayer (yesterday), but he was not to be found. Hopefully he sold all his stuff and headed back into the mountains to make some more.

Left Bex to go back and see if she could barter with the other peeps, and I went on to the gym. I found out when I got home that the guys actually increased the price when Bex returned and after she repeatedly told them $700 pesos was the top offer and that she had no more pesos, they still repeated the higher price. Oh well.

Gym was good and as always, interesting. Family Feud game show style…what might be the top 5 kinds of businesses who might drop by your house unannounced? Paperboy? Witnesses (come on...it’s a business!!)? Parcel delivery? Vacuum sales? Bill collector?

Well at my gym, I have seen many peeps inquire about prices, but today was a first.
I was riding the bike upstairs and I saw a senora approach the front door and ask Rosa a question. I then squint (no glasses on) and I see this old senora has a “sleeping” rooster (turns out to be a hen…gallina) in each hand, being held by their necks.

I see Rosa shake her head saying no, and I yell out, “Rosa, perdon, dos por mi cena por favor”…two for my dinner please. Rosa laughed and off the Senora went. Door to door hen service…who knew.

We talked about it before I went home, and it turns out these senoras are selling hens so they can be used as an ingredient in tamales, a comida (meal) that is closely associated with Dia de Muertes, Day of the Dead or Halloween.

Came home to Bexy “don’t call me Becky” Crocker baking up a storm.



This pan de platanos is delicious!! Bex is going to slightly tweak the recipe she found on line and then we are taking a piece to the Patron (boss) of the panaderia (dictionary spelling for bakery) and start a baking competition!!  Mind you, their pastel (pastry) known as orejas (palm ears) will be hard to beat!!

NEWS FLASH!!!

I am told that jefe (ef-eh) is also a term for patron (boss) and that “someone” has been telling me this for over a week. A public apology will be issued in an upcoming blog update.

We managed to take a 90 minute float before the alberca became loud with chit chat and that takes us to 530pm and I am meeting Roman at 7pm. We hope his electrician comes before 630pm as we need to go buy Lalo his cumpleanos cupcake and bring it to him.

Tomorrow we will update you on how Lalo liked his postere and how my cena and dialogue went with Roman.

Until manana,

Saludos







No comments:

Post a Comment