Lunes October 4, 2010

Hola!!


Yesterday was mainly sunny with a high of 33.4 (in the shade) and a low of 23.3.

La cena (dinner) was delicious. Pasta topped with and tomato sauce including cebolla (onion) and chorizo and a little parm cheese (brought from Vancouver)!! Add the left over baguette with some mantaquilla (butter), and ta da.

Watched some football last night. It looked like the Gigantes beat the Bears.

Today, mainly sunny again…I think Fall is here!!!

Ah…desayuno (breakfast):


I had some watermelon and we used the left over batter for pan frances, and Bex enjoyed it so much, I made more!!

Then it was off to Telemex to see where we were at with internet and phone. Bex prepared the Spanish notes and we asked for Christina, the lady that had helped Rick previously. She listened to Bex, nodded her head several times and then blurted out some Spanish sentences. NO idea what she said and we kinda stood there like. “what next?”. She then said, “what do you need?” in English…lol

I made mention that we had “no installacion” and handed her the meager paperwork we had. She did not need our direccion (address) but did say the problem was with the computer. She went to talk to her manager and came back and said it might be another semanas (week). I mentioned “internet tres importante por mi trabajo” and she nodded. She asked if we had a phone that we could be contacted at…lol…that is part of what they are installing. But I guess she means cell or a friend. We go back on Friday to see where we stand.

From there it was the bank. My account, my Spanish!!

Puede ayudarme…I need help
Una nuevo tarjeta (tar heta)…a new card
No valide…duh
Se me olvido (ol-bee-doh) el PIN…I have forgotten my PIN
Nueva direccion…new address
Cuantos pesos en la cuenta?...how man pesos in the account?
Ventanilla (bent anee ya)…window (cash window)

The banker understood what I needed and got me a new card. I think they had held on to my replacement card because it was in a package with our Mojon address on it. They did the usual photo copy of passport and immigration papers and then she mentioned it would take 5 days to get a new PIN. But first….la pregunta. No, this does not refer to Bex’s dias sickness…I needed to answer some pregunta seguridad (security questions) on the phone. On the phone? I asked if it was Ingeles or Espanol and she laughed. She made the call and we were on hold 20 plus minutes while the Bank of Nova Scotia in Mexico City found a English speaking person!!

A few questions later (all based on info 2 years old and no longer valid), my card was activated and in cinqo dias, back to the banco for the new PIN. It was worth the wait…$8,000 pesos are in that account!!

Bex left me at the banco and walked to the playa in Santa Cruz and had passed all the tourists milling around. They were all from a big Holland America cruise ship that had docked earlier. Funny to see the Mexicans try to get every dollar out of these people. Prices are increased and the “recommended by Holland America” signs were out in full force.

Met up with Bex and went to the immigration office. Cerrado at 1pm and it was 115pm. We will be back tomorrow.

Off to Super Che and we finally found the grande agua…I think they are 19 litros for 20 pesos and you pay a deposit for the jug. We are currently using the 10 litro for 16 pesos…and going through one almost every day. Rick had mentioned the tap water in Fonatur (the tourist area controlled by Fonatur) was safe to drink. We had never heard this before and we continue to play it safe until we can confirm this.

Huevos back in stock and also picked up some pan molida (bread crumbs) so I can attempt meat balls in the near future. Into the cart we threw some carne molida (ground beef) for tonight’s burritos and some nectar manzana (apple juice) for Bex.

Hit the gym at around 3pm…great work out. Do you burn more calories in a 35 degree heat? It is a diez minuto walk there and is neat to see the community go about its business.

Home around 430pm and then off for a dip and a relaxer using the floating chez lounger!! At the pool we met Cathy and Moe from Edmonton…newly retired and just enjoying Huatulco.

About to cook dinner, see if I can get MNF on the tube and then off to the internet.

Tomorrow? Immigracion and see how much an oil change will cost us at Nissan. Bex is going to see if she is up for some early yoga!!

Until next time….

Saludos

No comments:

Post a Comment