Jueves Octubre 21, 2010

Sorry gang...no internet access yesterday. Back at the zooloco (town square) and have managed to pick up Blue's wi-fi signal.

So, buenos dias and here is Miercole's blog update. Will update the blog again later today...off to pick up my banco PIN...how exciting!!

Until later.

Bubba

BLOG UPDATE 1


Buenos Noches.

It is Miercoles Octubre 20, 2010…hola from Huatulco.

First off, I must make sure Sidney takes care of her padre tomorrow as he is celebrating a birthday!!  Feliz Cumpleanos Senor Secord!!

Not much new today, but here we go.

Last night after posting the blog, did a quick iChat with mi padre y madre. Then I headed next door to Gabriel the Owl, the jewelry store where Lalo works.

He needed some Ingles translation so I spent an hour translating the history and the current status of the shop. Went back to day with a finished copy and he was very excited. He likes the proper Ingles, but also the passion behind the words. In Mexico, the passionate soap operas are called Novellas and he kept calling the translation a Novella.

Now he wants me to translate a video they are going to make that advertises the shop. Lol But it is good to have this contact as I am going to Telmex with him on Friday!!

Coca Light update….down to one 600 ml bottle a day. No withdrawals, but it is such a refreshing bebida in this 30 degree heat!!

Great news that mi padre y madre are coming for a visit. Great deal on a flight, saving $500 or $600 per ticket!!

A word in Espanol for all you NFL football junkies….castigo. Penalty

Tid bit I forgot to add regarding yesterday’s trip to the Bodega. They had this bin full of aluminum cookware in all assorted sizes. No price tags needed because they charge by the kilo. One kilo of pots and pans was $130 pesos!!

And I have not been let down once on my walk to the gym. I always find something of interest to take a photo of. Here is today’s photo:


I saw three of these carts around the industrial area today. Think about walking around with this well balanced, but obviously full, cart that had ladders, dusters and a few kids chalk boards (weird combo)…all in 33 plus degree heat.

In all of our trips to Huatulco, I had not seen these peeps before. They are obviously related but I am not sure what the process is. Do they own the product? Or does the product belong to someone else and they get a cut or commission from each sale? More Mexicans working hard to make a living again impressed me.

Off to cook la cena and then see if Blue wi fi is working. Earlier today we had no luck getting the Mac to work off it’s signal.

Until manana,

saludos

No comments:

Post a Comment