Lunes Octubre 11, 2010

UPDATED

The rest of today's post is below. Read on...

Just a quick post to make sure everyone knows whose birthday it is:



Hermano, Feliz Cumpleanos!! (Happy Birthday Bro)

A full posting of the days events will come later today.

Saludos



UPDATE

Buenos Dias!! Happy Lunes to all…and of course happy Thanksgiving and Happy Birthday to Olen!!

Last night we went to the town square to try and use the wi fi from the restaurante Blue. We sat on a bench, found a strong signal and promptly had some of the thousands of bird poop on us!! Lol. Good luck they say?

We moved to the curb where I managed to have a quick iChat with mi padre and then we moved to Los Portales where we finished our chat. Bex needed to Skype with her madre, so I am sorry I had to hang up on my brother, but I will try to connect with him today, his birthday.

Bex had a nice chat with her madre y padre…I am glad they managed to connect. I happened to have dos cerveza while waiting. A Negra Modelo beer costs the same as a can of Coca Light!!

Misc photo:



This smoke waifs over our compound two or three times a day, when the rotizarillo throws more pollo on the grill. It may not be great for the lungs, but it only lasts for a few minutes and smells great!!

Yesterday it dawned on me that for the first time since we arrived here (dos semanas…two weeks), I went to the playa and actually went for a dip in the ocean. I guess knowing we are here for at least a year, I have not been in the mindset of the previous visits where I know I have two weeks to fit everything in before jumping back on a plane.

Yesterday was also our first cena at Los Portales. We have been good in the fact that we are doing our cooking at home vs eating out. But…one grande lemonade, dos cerveza, one quesadilla con queso, pollo y tocino and one quesadilla con pollo y una ensalada, plus propina….all for $251 pesos or $21 Cdn.

Something that made us both smile yesterday? Maia (next door nanny), thought Bex was 24 and I was 33…living the good life has already knocked 12 years off our age!! Ok…only 7 for Bex…lol

It is currently 1015 am and I am at Emigracion…got here a bit (hee hee hee) late and I am 4th in line. If they have more then one official working, all should be good. Going to stop at el banco, as it too is in Santa Cruz, and pick up my new PIN. Once I am all set up, I will either wire some money down to this account, or use an on line service I have used previously used (once) called Xoom.  

The wire cost between $25-$35 Cdn and I will need to have some one in Van conduct it for me and the Xoom cost me $10 last time. All this to save ATM and “other banco” fees charged by both ends of the banking, here and in Van.

Some big wig just walked in past all 4 of us peons and went straight to Sandra’s office.

11am…I am next. Some more big wigs just came in…looks like an audit!! But the last guy at least said Buenos dias to me!!

So, it is now 530pm and we have exited the pool and are headed out to buy some veggies to go with the pollo for tonite’s cena.

Earlier today I finally made it to the counter in Migracion and ended up with the official who speaks a little Ingles. She looked at our translation letters and then took them to the head honcho. Angela asked who translated them, I told her and asked her “esta bien?” and she said all was good. I was now passed off to the 2nd official who does not speak much Ingles. He went through my stack of paperwork, only to tell and show me that there is one more form to fill out. Are you kidding me?

This form asked for passporte info, pesos (weight), height etc…all stuff that was provided on one piece of papel or another. Oh well. He helped me out (we entered Vancouver three times in one section?) and then he gave me a receipt for the packages and ta-da. We should have our Forma de No Immigrante in 3 or 4 weeks. Phew. Almost finito.

Off to banco but no was told no PIN until Miercoles. At first I did not understand why there was no PIN (still don’t know), but her one word answer helped me. Wednesday she says? No problemo was my reply!!

Super Che for some eats, then into La Crucheita (town square) to use the wi fi and send a Happy Bday email and check on the markets. Holiday in Canada and Columbus Day (?) in USA so all quiet.

The news of the day? Someone has opened a gymnasio in the old Huatulco Fitness location. All nuevo apparato (equipo is equipment, but I was told apparato (apparatus) was correcto when talking about the gym), but the membership is quite a bit more then it used to be, and double my current gym. But for all new equipment, the $4800 pesos/year ($400 Cdn), might be worth it. Now to see if they take credit cards or if I need to withdraw $5000 pesos…they do have a new $1000 peso note.

So I was excited, but Rosa at my current gym asked “por eso no te cambias de gym?”…cambias is “to leave”, when she found out I had checked out the new gym. I will stay for now, not only have I paid for a few months (I think), but I like the fact it is a local’s gym. I talked with Gimeli when he came in at 3pm and he calls his gym Rocky 1 and the new gym Rocky 3. The peeps with $$ will be at the other gym for sure.

My comment was about “atrapar de pollo” as they did in Rocky 1…chasing and catching the chicken. Gim laughed as I am a simpatico Canadian!!

That was the day. Bex spent a lot of her day sketching and working on the Wacom. Some yoga helped her stretch out the tight surfing muscles!!

It is now 7pm and we are waiting for the pollo with home made shake and bake. Hmmmm? Bubba’s agitar y panader? Lol

Will eat and then post the blog.

Until manana.







No comments:

Post a Comment