miercoles, el 26 de noviembre de 2014




The Max Van snarl.

Buenos tardes!! thank goodness for the viento or else we would be truly cooking out here at playa Mojon!!

Currently 325pm and the familia is over at the "rocks", doing a little post comida mountaineering. Soon they will work there way back towards palapa central, grab some beverages and the surfboard, and we will all head down to del mar for a refreshing dip.

Some chico y medio olas, but they are easy to handle and it is low tide as well...perfect for the lil'man.

Our día so far? Knock on wood, we are making some progress on both the sleep training and #1s in the baño!!

Asleep at 825pm, sin manos (milagro), and then the 1230am pee break and lights out until 550am and then manos until 615am!!

Bex has lots of work right now, so I have been on Max watch for most of the noches. Give me only a few wake ups, a 5 hour stretch in the middle, a 615am wake up and allow me to snooze until 715am...and I am good for the día!! Ok...maybe a lil'siesta with the lil'man....ja ja ja.

Usual rutinas for us...leche, videos, tranquilo and play time in the Palacio, desayunos and then out the door.

Off to the hospital to check in on the flu vacuna...but there was a long wait and no one was even leaving the room where they give the shots.

Max and I waited amongst the locals and you get your fair share of stares until you start chatting peeps up. A young hombre with his wife y niña...he has 2 more niños at home. Yikes. I tell him I am almost 50, Max is 3 and he is my first and last...and they laugh.

A pregnant señorita and I mention to Max she has a baby inside, so he wanders over and stares at her belly. She is all friendly and starts laughing once Max points and says "bebe" and then goes to look at her backside to she if she has a bump on both sides!!

He really wanted into the room and even went so far to knock on the door, no answer, and to almost open the door. Oh Max.

We pulled out our cartilla, book of shots, and the hombre told his wife "look, he IS Mexicano"!! This after I did the usual "hecho en Mexico pero nacio en Canada" and show them the tattoo that goes with it.

And the topper? Jaws dropping when the lil'ginger haired niño, en español, starts counting all the llantas on the niño carriages.

Too long for us to wait...hasta mañana!!

Zoom zoom on the bici and we pit stopped at SCA for some huevos and then off to Pooopie Loopie for some moida res y pollo. I am not sure how many customers are known by name, but the butchers always seem to tell each other "this is for Max".

Home for leche and a change of clothes and due to the extended time at the hospital, it was a quick dip in the CP alberca.

Back upstairs for the leche y libros and then onto siesta time. Not the longest nap, awake at 105pm...we will see how and if this affects tonight's bedtime.

Max was a little sleepy/crusty when he woke up, but was a good passenger here and as soon as we stopped the truck, he did a little "driving" as I unpacked us, and then he raced down to the playa with his $50 peso camion de carga.

The BBQ whiz had the dawgs ready in 20 and after that, playa prowl time.

Hmmmm...where is mi familia? Poppa is listo for swim time!!

Onto the fotos.

Might be time for a few larger playeras.


Hmmm...I think I left it back here.


My bowling coco!!






Poppa...who is that?


All pumped up and excited to go for a bici ride!!


The under ground water lines at the CP have been giving Marcos a headache. Here he works on yet another one, but pauses long enough to give his amigo a choque.



The "waiting at the traffic light almost grin".



Oh thank heaven for 7-11. These peeps carry all the essentials for a non-nutritional breakfast and/or snack.


What goes down.


Must come back up.


Misc....a funny thing happened to me after all this time living under the sun. I used to vacation in Mexico and I would pretty much sit in the sun from 9am until 5pm, coming back with the tan that I called my "vacation trophy". Now a days you will find me under the palapa, cherishing my time in the shade and enjoying the breeze.

It isn't that I wouldn't like a tan, even though I know skin cancer is a great concern, but it is all about
the fact that I am tired of always being hot!! Not hating...as I look at the weather reports from places like Buffalo. Brrrrrr.

Ok, back at you post tina time.

Hasta pronto.

Buenos noches!!

Currently 835pm and the lil'man has been lights out for 10 minutos...of course he has!!

We had a super fun time at the playa, leaving a little later then normal because of all the fun. And as the sun was setting, it was getting cooler and even more enjoyable!! We are looking forward to our fin de año noche!!

The current plan is post siesta to eat our comida at home and then head to playa Mojon for 3pm'ish. Have our fun, cook our cena and then set up for the bonfire and fuegos artificiales, fireworks.

And after all the fireworks are done, head home for 9pm'ish.

Ok, back to the day. We arrived home around 6pm and we were onto clean up, eating, clean up, having tina time and then onto leche y libros.

A good bedtime and I am expecting a good noche...stay tuned!!

But before we call it a day, how about the playa Mojon fotos?

Comida cooked and eaten....and the familia has adios'd themselves to some rock climbing.


So I went for my playa prowl. Here is the view, through the sea mist, to the north-west.


Crab season has returned and I decided to take fotos of this one, vs catch and release him.




And at the other end of the playa, I found the wise ol'man on his trek.


I think I might have interrupted their heart to heart.


About to get rinsed off for bonfire time, Max decided he needed to fill this bucket first.


It was a mixture of sand.



And rocks.



This went on until the bucket was full.


That is YOUR son.


Clean up time!!






Lil'man LOVES his momma!!


Ojo ojo...olas grande!!



Momma...we survived!!


One, two, three?


Oh, just one? Ja ja ja


Wash time over.




Did I mention that the lil'man LOVES his momma?


Ok...you are all caught up!!

To our American followers...Feliz Thanksgiving!!

Hasta mañana.

Marco, Bexico y Max



No comments:

Post a Comment