jueves, el 27 de noviembre de 2014



Buenos noches!! It has been no-foto jueves...but who would have thunk to say "thank goodness" for the crappy Sony DSC W730?

So, here is a Max Van 2-pack!!



Currently 7pm and due to a pooped out madre y padre, it has been a no post cena prowl or tour kinda noche. No issues for the lil'man...he played with his toys and chatted up his Opa on FT.

The día? The usual 825pm bedtime, no pee break....all good...phew...a 130am hola hola, a 430am hola hola, a 530am manos and then up for good at 615am. I could have done without a few of the hola holas...oh well.

Usual rutinas...leche, videos, and then into the Palacio for tranquilo time, play time and desayunos. I managed to get Max fed and teeth brushed before 9am when Tony arrived.

Bex took over and the familia spent their morning out and about on their bicis, including a stop to the hospital where Max was a super niño while receiving his flu vacuna.

Tony and I started up the camioneta, and of course it was quiet this morning...no rudio, noise, when the mecanico comes to your house!! Of course.

Off to his taller with a pit stop at Oxxo for some Coke for the boys.

Another Mexico'ism? I forgot that when you go to these kinds of mecanicos, you need to bring all the parts etc with you. So, changing a rad manguera, hose, I forgot to bring more anti-freeze.

The hose I had bought, the one that would have been cut to fit, was the wrong diameter. Doph!!

So, I needed anti-freeze, a new hose and they also wanted another set of hose clamps. Who goes to buy all this? The guy with the money of course...me. I jump on Tony's moto and after visiting 2 tiendas de refraciones, I grab the loot and head back to the taller.

Manguera replaced and then off to work on the windshield fluid dispenser. Disconnect some hoses, blow some compressed aire through them and ta-da!!

Next up? Last week while at playa Mojon, I noticed the carpet under the driver's floor mats was wet. Yikes...that cannot be good. It would have happened as we drove down through the foot deep agua leading to our property.

We took off some panels, lifted up the carpet and found some corrosion, but nothing visible from under the truck due to all the things before the piso, floor.

I paid $200 pesos for the work and then Tony and I booted down to see Pablo, the amigo that painted the box of the truck a year or so ago.

No problem he says...remove the seat, take off a few more panels, remove the carpet, clean the piso, grind out the rust, use "body", paint with primer and then with a final coat and ta-da. All that will take 2 days and cost $450 pesos...$40 CDN.

And here's hoping I don't have water pouring into the camioneta in December 2015 as I am heading up to Whistler mountain!!

So, we are booked in for next Friday...stay tuned. I adios'd Tony and agreed to meet up on sa´bado for some snorkling at playa Santa Cruz. I have not seen too many fish near there...it must be a chelas event!! Ja ja ja

I headed home to find Max y Bex having just returned from their morning. Time for leche y libros and then off for a siesta.

How to let Max wake up slowly and in a good mood? When he says he is ready to get out of bed, ask him if he wants to look at some fotos of himself as a bebé. He snuggles into your nook and will look at the fotos and by the time 15 miutos is up, he is in a great mood and ready for the afternoon.

I was off to el gimnasio and when I came home, the familia had eaten their comida, done a casa clean up (gracias mi familia) and were headed to the CP alberca.

I joined in and then headed upstairs for some Poppa tranquilo time. Bex is pooped out...lots of late nights for work and today was an early morning to take Max watch, so she headed off for a siesta and The Boys headed out for a pre-cena prowl.

Pit stop into the panificadora for some pan de plátano and then through the escuela and onto say hola hola to Polly. Through the zocalo, onto the tienda de plasticos and then home.

Videos for Max and cooking pollo for Poppa.

A good dinner and Max ate huge!! He did not want to even try the ground beef with melted cheese on it, but I convinced him to take one bite and of course he loved it. "More beef with cheese please Poppa Mark". Hello!!

Clean up, play time, the FT con Opa and right now it is bedtime. I have 17 minutos until The Niño Whisperer goes in to close the show. Buen suerte!!

Onto the rest of Bex's fotos.

At the Cluuuuub.







The rest of the tobogán, slide, fotos.







Another día and a trip to the campo...check the shoes out.


Yup, Max was practicing putting on his own shoes and ended up with 2 different shoes. Oh Max!!

Polvo time!!


Pit stop.


Llanta time.







Another día, another trip to playa Santa Cruz.


Llanta issues with the bici.



Misc...

Recent conversations with Max?

We were into bedtime and Max was playing in his cuna when he needed to be calm instead. I told him I would let him play and would be back with him in a few minutes.

His reply..."Poppa Mark, I am not playing, I am calming down".

Max mentioned to Bex that he missed his amigos. Bex's reply was that he could go to school and meet some new amigos, to which Max asks "is that where you and Poppa leave me alone?".

The answer was yes and Max finished the conversation by saying "I am not ready for that yet".

Hilarious lil'niño!!

Ok, you are all caught up. Enjoy your viernes negro, Black Friday!!

Hasta mañana.

Marco, Bexico y Max

Late update...progress at bedtime!! The Coca Bear being put into his cuna is the new signal to Max that I will be removing manos and that he needs to fall asleep. Tonight when I removed my manos, Max whispered to me "I have my amigos" in reference to his animal friends that keep him company at night...Polly Shark, Pudge and Coca Bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment