domingo, el 16 de noviembre de 2014



Looking good Max Van!!

Buenos tardes!!

Currently 2pm and the Nascar pre-race show is on hold as we figure out where Handy Manny's big construction job is going to be at. That and Max is sitting next to me eating his comida...rice with queso cheddar on top...for the 3rd or 4th time this week.

Max LOVES his arroz y queso cheddar y quesillo tambien!!

Ok, our día? Wacky bed time...due to the "conflict" in the tina, Max was feeling bad and for the first 15 minutos of bed time all he did was mention "I want my Mom instead" about 30 times.

Knock out the first 15 minutos and we would have had the 825pm bed time...I think he had a guilty conscience.

And then after the 6am wake up, I think he felt bad about telling me 30 times that he wanted his Mom instead, because I had a dozen "I love you Poppa" and the never before besito fest on my nose and forehead...too much facial hair.

So...awake at 530am, into bed for 30 minutos and then up for good at 6am. Leche and the kiss fest, so  not much sleep for Poppa until the videos started up at 630am, and then I was lights out until 715am.

Off to the Palacio for our rutinas, but today the lil'man was wandering around the Palacio with a bare bum!! We were ready for business and today we spent 30 minutos on the chico baño...but had no success. Doph...we will giv'er another go mañana.

And while Max was spending his time waiting, I spent my time planning for our future. The countdown has begun and today I booked flights for Max y Bex's return to BC. One way flights to DF on 30 de abril, $107 US each and then we scored on a direct flight from DF to Vancouver on el primero de mayo!!

Those flights cost us 68,000 Amex points, $300 in taxes and I added another $80 so the familia has some extra leg room for the 6 hour flight.

Busy times!!

We ate our fruta y yogurt and due to the baño time out, not too many jugetes to clean up and Max was on it fast!! I thanked him and made sure he knew I was happy and off we went.

The plan was to zoom zoom on the bici to Soriana, grab some things for Bex and then zoom zoom to Los Portales for hotcake domingo!!

All good on the tour...until Max ran into his padre and then fell off his bici and skinned a knee and elbow. Doph. It was a full 30 minutos until Max had decided to move on from this injury...doph.

So Soriana was about shopping and stopping to acknowledge Max feeling sad, but trying to get him to get over it...faster por favor!!

Off to Los Portales and Max ate a plate full...wow!! Pico, chip, quesillo, hotcakes y tocino!! The meseros take great care of us and 2 entrees, 2 bottles of agua, a cafe and a coca light y propina...$270 pesos!! Muy barato!!

Too late for a swim and Bex took off for her bici ride and The Boys headed home for some tranquilo time.

Leche y siesta at 1130am and the lil'man was almost lights out 10 minutos later when Bex came in to close the show.

Max had a good siesta and then was off to cook a huveo and make some jugo and is almost done his comida.

The afternoon plan? The CP alberca for a familia swim and then I will head up to watch the race and the familia will probably head out for a bici ride.

All caught up, so onto the fotos!!

We tried to watch a video before heading out on the bici, but it did not work so Max went to investigate the internet status.


Doph...red light on the modem...again!!


Lots and lots of autobus turismo in town...and the peeps pit stopped outside the Modelorama!!


But there are a lot of rude y maleducado peeps on these buses, mainly coming from DF, and here is another example of what they feel is acceptable behaviour.


More off roading fotos from inside Soriana.




Onto Los Portales and some spicy pico de gallo.






Hot chili!!





Either he hit another chili or is finished having his Poppa take fotos. Oh Max!!


Ok...you know the drill. Back at you post tina time!!

Hasta pronto.

Buenos noches!! And there are still 16 laps of the final race of the season for me to watch!! With 25 left to go, it was time to cook la cena and then I managed another 9 during tina time and if I hurry up, I can watch the last 16 before The Niño Whisperer goes in to close the show. Exciting race mis amigos!!

The afternoon? Me on my butt watching racing. The familia finished their CP alberca swim and then headed out on their 2 bicis and made it all the way to the jungla!!

Home in time for some tranquilo time and then we were onto Bubba burgers!! Good dinner, Max ate quite a lot and then onto a FT con Oma y Opa. That did not last long as we lost the internet connection again...no videos for lil'man either!!

He did some drawing as we did casa clean up, we regained internet for 5 minutos and onto 5 minutos of videos we went.

Lost the internet...off for a bici tour. Nice to get out as the temperature at this time of day is quite refreshing.

We hit the zocalo first and Bex found the hombre who was the inspiration for the magazine cover she drew, and she gave him a copy of the magazine.

Zoom zoom to the escuela and then home for tina time and at 725pm, we are onto leche y libros. Bed time to follow and tonight I think we are back on schedule for an 825pm lights out...stay tuned.

Misc...as heard coming from tonight's tina time...."Max, I want to tell you I am so proud of you for all the listening you did today. On the bici....etc. Max? Max? Do you hear me? Are you listening to me?".

So funny I was almost crying.

Have a great lunes y hasta mañana.

Marco, Bexico y Max



No comments:

Post a Comment