martes, el 29 de marzo de 2011


Buenos noches amigos.

Shout out to RJ who had to buy a poncho for a wet couple of days with Mickey. Here is your 10 day forecast...April 1 is supposed to be sunny...no joke.


Great day in clase de español!! It was really a day of review vs learning new words etc, so it gave us a chance to reinforce what we have been working on the past few classes.

Despues clase, quick stop at Che. Steak para la cena de esta noche y burrito for la cena de mañana.

Then it was off to el gimnasio and it was a great workout. It made up for ayer. I tell you…I love going to the gym. Maybe not for all the workouts in 40 degree heat, but I continually meet new peeps and have conversations with ones that I have seen before but were timido.

After we had both biked for 30 minutes, I asked an hombre why there was no lago…lake..under his bike, unlike my puddle. He laughed and said he was only poco calor vs my mucho calor. I tell ya, this Mexican did not sweat!!

Chatted up Yeu and his amigo who happened to be a helper la noche de sábado pasado. The kid speaks no ingles…none. A bit bizarre. I asked Yeu about this and we agreed that maybe his amigo might be either timido or “no le gusta hablar ingles”…does not like to speak English.

Here are the fotos from the walk.

All about flour for the tortillas.


This shop has a huge machine and they make the tortillas right in front of you and then sell them by the kilo.

I love this little comedor.


Legal in Vancouver?

We have hired these guys to add another floor to our palapa.



Just kidding.

A new band has been booked for April 2.


And then I walked down “automotive alley”.




And none of us can complain about our careers.


Until we have walked a day in this guys sandles.

Had some alberca time…solo. Bexico was busy finishing up one contract and working on another. I floated for a while and then was greeted by a returning condo owner from Alberta (I think).

A nice guy, very curious about our project at Mojon. It will be grand once it all comes together.

Came upstairs for some ensaladas and then Bexico and I went back for our cool down swim. It felt quite refreshing….and then into the heat of the cocina to prepare la cena!! Ja ja ja

The day is all done. Sent off an email to mi amigo from Victoria. I hadn’t talked to him in some 18 years. Good to catch up…sad to hear a mutual acquaintance had passed at the age of 52.

Mañana…Mojon calls us. Despues el gimnasio of course.

Hasta luego.


No comments:

Post a Comment