martes, el 15 de marzo de 2011


Buenos noches.

7pm here and while the pollo is baking, Bexico is busy Skyping with her madre. But RJ had to wait as the 7pm (Huatulco) time was an hour off due to the clocks changing in Ontario. Sorry RJ.

I think we spring forward one hour on April 3...stay tuned.

Tranquillo day.

Hector (silent H) came in to look at the hot water and could not figure out what is wrong. Next steps…plomero.

Off to el gimnasio and had a few laughs (and a very quick hoe down style dance) with Rosa.

The highlight of the time at the gym? Memo gets serious and asks me “can I tell you one thing?” Of course and he says “I do not like being called Memo because it is an old person’s name”.

Inside I howled as he was the one who told me to call him Memo because at the time I could not understand that his name is really Guillermo Yeudiel Antonio López.

So what doe he want to be called? Yeu…pronounced ee-eh-ou. Done!!

Why was it the highlight? After 6 months Yeu has decided he can tell me this very important detail, knowing I would understand. Why 6 months? No se.

After spoiling both you and I with 40 plus fotos a day, here are the 5 fotos from today.

Coming back from el gimnsaio, I was approached by this hombre who wanted to know if I was interested in buying a pink garden hose.


This hombre sensed I did not need any more socks and underwear.


I regularly see the madre y padre pushing their food cart from one part of town to another.


If you look carefully between the two of them, you can see their nina looking through the glass.

Here is the cocos frio man…again.


Looks like he has spruced up the trunk!!

Great story occurred despues me taking this foto.


I saw this senorita selling mangos and other items to the crew at Cruz Azul. I like the smile on her face and the laugh she was having with the hombre.

As I was shooting, dos mujeres came out of the oficina asking why I was taking fotos and of what. I told both of them it was just of some interesting people and even showed them that it wasn’t a foto of their business.

They were not happy and did not seem to believe me. Then a 3rd senorita came out and she was the jefe…boss. I explained it all to her again, promised “no mas”…no more…and she said gracias.

I have never experienced this before and the boys at the shop tell me it could be because they are worried about being targeted for a kidnapping. I said “really?” and they agreed it is an Acapulco or norte problem, but maybe the ladies were just paranoid.

After gym I said hola to the boys and had a great catch up. Probably spent an hour talking to Pepe then Daniel y Lalo. Nice to chat with Daniel as he has now reverted t speaking almost only español and that helps us.

Hola…just back from dinner.

After chatting up the boys, I came home for some alberca time but it was a shorty as the clouds rolled in at 4pm. I thought we might even get our first rain in over 5 months but it did not happen.

A quick walk to the cine to see what peliculas we will watch mañana, picked up more fresh veggies and then home. For the first time since we moved here, we saw lemons at the fruit/veggie store.

La cena was the aforementioned pollo con arroz and that was our day. Bexico is headed into the oficina to finish some work and I am about to check on the comings and goings of the mundo…world.

Mañana…el gimnasio and then Mojon. We might be dropping the couch off at Rick & Heidi’s as they were nice enough to take it off our hands. It will free up some room for us and allow us some book shelves.

We leave you with otra article regarding Huatulco y Mexico.


saludos

No comments:

Post a Comment