martes, el 3 de junio de 2014




Max blending in at the tienda de telas.

Buenos tardes!! Currently 5pm, the lluvia is coming down, and the familia is at the parque...with madre's bici. I am sure to see a taxi roll up soon!!

Another full day here in Huatulco. It started with the 6am wake up, videos, tranquilo time, the huge desayunos and then off to drop the recycling off, hit up Nissan and then onto Che.

I need one more manguera for the radiator and the plan is to buy a long one and then cut it to size...doing things the Mexicano way!! Nissan had one for $200 plus pesos...muy caro. Gotta love my Nissan amigos because whenever I say their prices are too high, they do not give me a discount, they send me somewhere else that I can either buy the part cheaper, or get the repair done instead of ordering a new part.

$2500 for a tailgate handle...or get Tony's amigo to fix it for $300? $200 for a hose, or off to 12 de agosto and get one cheaper.

No scores at Che, but....

Want to do some wacky shopping? Go to Che with Max, at the same time that Ciao Ciao man is there. Yikes is all I can say.

We had spotted him on our prowl, and Max was a-ok. But when I saw him at Che, I distracted Max and then told him that I had seen Ciao Ciao. Call the paramedics...it was almost a heart attack.

I asked Max if he would feel safer in the grocery cart, and you all know what the answer was.

We spotted Ciao Ciao a few more times as we prowled the aisles, and once I was sure I had seen him pay for his groceries, Max came out of the cart and was a-ok.

And of course Max y madre saw him later. Oh Max!!

Post Che...home for the leche, libros and siesta. A good siesta and that led to a muy feliz niño for the rest of the day.

Post siesta, comida for Max and then onto the playa and then the parque to meet the play group. Sounds like they had fun and made a few peeps go "huh?" when Bex asked an hombre at the restaurante if they could have a garbage bag for Max to wear home on the bici in the rain.

The "huh?" part is when a different hombre came out and asked if the bolsa de basura was for Max. The ladies asked Bex how often we go to that restaurante, as they know Max well. Bex's reply? We have never been there before and she has no idea who the hombre was and how he knows Max.

Of course!! Ja ja ja

While the familia was socializing, I was off to el gimnasio. On my way home I was looking for more playeras for Max. This morning, I had him in a size 4 (Mexican sizes) muscle shirt, and it was a smedium (small/medium), so I changed it to one of the size 6's that we have.

Anywho...I could not find any at the tiangus by el gimansio, so I stopped in on my way home and bought a few at the tienda we had used last time.

Next door is another tienda de ropa, with some super friendly hombres working there. I popped in hoping to find a Mexico Copa del Mundial playera for Max...no luck. But I stuck around to chat up the hombres and wow...what a wide range of topics we covered.

Guns, drugs, religions, marriage, beer, schools etc. But my favorite moment? Walking around with the younger hombre, and translating the t-shirts for him. He is selling a ton of t-shirts with English words on them, but he does not no what they mean.

Crabby but cute. Grab some rays. Etc. But then came the capper...he did not know who the mouse with the name Mickey was. Wow...small town Mexico eh?

Off to the condos to solve a water issue in G10 and then home to B10 to clean up and start cooking la cena...chuletas de cerdo. Score!!

The familia rode the bici home and arrived at 530pm and we ate at 550pm. Good dinner and then Max and I played with the voice recorder, now called the "chico iPad" by Max. He loves that thing and is still amazed that his voice comes from within.

He is very busy asking all the questions..."what is this?"..."what is that?" and I spend our breakfast time reviewing cooked huevos vs raw huevos as well as plastic vs metal vs glass.

Clean up, quick tina and round one is under way.

So onto the fotos!!

Loading up the camioneta verde with our recycling.


Hmmmm....here?


Or here?


Come on...I dare you to move the milk carton!!


I liked the colors and asked Max for a foto pit stop.


He noticed that 5 señoritas across the calle were watching him, and he went into sultry mode.




Coqueto!!


Spot the niño?


On our short prowl, we came upon a cul de sac and Max asked if we could walk around it. Of course we can, and off the boys went, mano en mano.

Once we were done, Max asked for una mas vez and I let him go by himself.

Here, after having finished lap #2, he is asking for una mas vez...lap #3.


And off he goes, at Max speed.







And still going....


And from today's overcast afternoon at playa Santa Cruz. Good fotos Bex!!





Kowabunga!!


And from ayer at the skate parque.

First off, Max needs to look out for leons y tigres!!


And then speed off to the rampas.





Up...


...and down!!


And up again?


Misc...sad to report that Il Regoletti, our favorite pizza restaurante, has closed down. We saw this coming as business in many of the higher end restaurantes is low, especially so during the months when touristas are not in town.

It was our NYE restaurante for the past 3 years. Oh well...hola hola Los Portales? Ja ja ja

Ok, you are all caught up.

A looooooong bedtime...yikes. And at 930pm I type away while watching the News and listening to the LnF (lost and found) gatito miau away. Oh Bex.

Have a great miercoles y hasta mañana.

Marco, Bexico y Max


No comments:

Post a Comment